Victim Services, created in September 2017, is dedicated to positively impact the quality of life for the citizens of Jackson, TN by assisting victims, survivors, families, neighborhoods & businesses who have been affected by crime.
The office of Victim Coordinator is funded by the Victims of Crime Act (VOCA) grant program and the State of Tennessee to support services to victims of crime & previously underserved victims throughout the State.
- Crisis Intervention & follow-up, in person and by telephone
- Information about crime victim’s rights, crime victim’s compensation, and assistance with filing claims
- Provides information to victims so they better understand their rights during the process
- Advocacy with criminal justice system & other agencies
- Information and referrals to community services
- Case status information
- Court accompaniment in some cases
- Transportation to shelter, other safe location, or to court
IT IS YOUR RIGHT AS A VICTIM TO REQUEST AND RECEIVE THESE SERVICES
This project is funded under an agreement with the State of Tennessee.
Victim Coordinator: Jamie Hinton
447 E. Main St
Jackson, TN 38301