Council Meeting Agenda
SEPTEMBER 5, 2000 - 9:00 A.M.
GEORGE A. SMITH MEETING ROOM
I. CALL TO ORDER.
II. INVOCATION AND PLEDGE OF ALLEGIANCE TO FLAG.
(COUNCILMAN CHARLES "PEPPER" BRAY)
III. ROLL CALL.
IV. APPROVAL OF MINUTES OF AUGUST 1, 2000 MEETING.
VI. PUBLIC HEARINGS:
1. Consideration of a Resolution to adopt a Plan of Service, an Ordinance to annex, and an Ordinance to zone two areas referred to as "Troutman Subarea 1 and Troutman Subarea 2", annexation areas comprising 27.75( acres and 4.75( acres respectively, totaling 34.5( acres, located on the west side of Old Humboldt Road, adjacent to Northpointe Subdivision. The proposed zoning for the area is RS (Single-Family Residential) District.
2. Consideration of an Ordinance to amend the text of the City Zoning Ordinance, Article VI, Section 5, Subsection E, relative to residential accessory structures.
3. Consideration of an Ordinance to amend the text of the City Zoning Ordinance, Article VI, Section 14, relative to queuing lanes.
4. Consideration of an Ordinance to amend the Official Code of the City of Jackson, Chapter 6, Section 11.603, relative to firearms.
5. Consideration of an Ordinance to amend Title 16 of the City Code of Jackson, Tennessee regarding Restoration of Street Openings.
6 Consideration of an Ordinance to close and abandon a section of right-of-way on Walker Road located behind Union University.
7. Consideration of Certificate of Public Convenience and Necessity for Jerry Dwight Allen.
8. Consideration of Certificate of Public Convenience and Necessity for Kuldip Singh.
VII. SECOND READINGS:
1. Petition of Gerry Neese and Larry Dorris to rezone property located on the north side of Oil Well Road, just west of Old Humboldt Road from A-O/FF/FW (Agriculture and Open Land)/(Flood Fringe)/(Floodway) District to RS-1/FF/FW (Single Family Residential)/(Flood Fringe)/(Floodway) District, 10.44( acres.
2. Consideration of an Ordinance to annex and an Ordinance to zone an area referred to as "Madison Place Sub-area 1" comprising 1.86( acres, located on the northeast side of North Parkway, just south of Lawrence Switch Road and just east of Jackson Community College Baptist Student Union. The proposed zoning for the area is RG-2 (General Residential) District.
VIII. NEW BUSINESS:
1. Consideration of a contract with Dement Construction for the materials and labor required for restoration of street cuts and potholes, based on unit prices.
2. Consideration of a contract with LU, Inc, for guardrail installation and repair throughout the city as needed, based on unit prices.
3. Consideration of a contract in the amount of $72,331.42 with Hornsby Electric for the materials and labor required to install traffic signals at Bendix Drive and Hwy 70.
4. Consideration of a contract in the amount of $565,920.10 with Dement Construction for materials and labor required for the Fall 2000 Street Resurfacing project.
5. Consider rescinding the donation of Unit 57 at Westwood Gardens to Jonah Affordable Housing Organization.
6. Acceptance of Bell Camp Road as a city street and acceptance of streets located within the Northpointe Subdivision Section VII-B and Walnut Trace Section VII-B.
7. Consideration of an amended state route contract that would reduce the mowing/litter removal on Interstate 40 from $36.00 per acre to $26.00 per acre. Contract reduced from $29,687.04 to $24,410.64.
8. Consideration to a quitclaim deed/warranty deed to be presented to Union University for a section of Walker Road (right-of-way) within the Union University campus, south of University Drive.
9. Consideration of proposed budget amendments.
10. Invoices over $10,000.
11. Board Appointment - Reappoint Randy Wallace to serve on the Planning Commission.
THE AGENDA REVIEW MEETING WILL BE ON THURSDAY, AUGUST 31, 2000 AT 5:00 P.M. IN THE COUNCIL CONFERENCE ROOM, 1st FLOOR, CITY HALL.