Council Meeting Agenda
JUNE 6, 2000 - 9:00 A.M.
GEORGE A. SMITH MEETING ROOM
I. CALL TO ORDER.
II. INVOCATION AND PLEDGE OF ALLEGIANCE TO FLAG.
(COUNCILMAN JESSIE JACOX)
III. ROLL CALL.
IV. APPROVAL OF MINUTES OF May 2, 2000 MEETING.
VI. PUBLIC HEARINGS:
1. Annexation Progress Report.
2. Consideration of an Ordinance to close and abandon an unnamed alley between Griffin Street and Vance Avenue.
VII. SECOND READINGS:
1. Consideration of an Ordinance to rezone property located along Butler Street in Bemis, just south of Second Street, from A-O/HCC Agriculture and Open Land)/(Historic Cultural Conservation) District to RG-1/HCC (General Residential)/(Historic Cultural Conservation) District, 6.3( acres.
2. Consideration of an Ordinance authorizing and approving the establishment of a Central Business Improvement District and the appointment of the Jackson Downtown Development Corporation as the "District Management Corporation."
VIII. NEW BUSINESS:
1. Consideration of a services agreement with EZGov On-Line to provide services for electronic payments over the internet.
2. Proposed lease of Murphy Hotel to Children's Museum of West Tennessee Foundation, Inc.
3. Proposed modifications to woodworking shop lease.
4. Proposed agreement with Jackson Arts Council regarding Ned R. McWherter West Tennessee Performing Arts Center.
5. Consideration of request by John Allen to purchase two lots located at 210 West Lafayette for the appraised value of $27,500.
6. Request that streets in Willow Green Subdivision Section VI, Walnut Trace Subdivision Sections VIIIB & IX and Laurel Creek Subdivision Sections V, VI, VII be accepted as city streets.
7. Consideration of a contract with U.S. Office Products for 20# weight copier paper for various city departments in the amount of $57,995.00, an approximate yearly total, the lowest and best bid received.
8. Consideration of a contract with Signs & Blanks for sign blades for the Traffic Sign department in the amount of $3,500.00, an approximate yearly total, the lowest and best bid received.
9. Consideration of a contract with Professional Uniform Shop for rainwear for the Police department in the amount of $10,683.75, the best bid received that meet the requirements of the specifications.
10. Consideration of a contract with Superior Seed and Supply for seed for Groundskeeping in the amount of $33,740.00, an approximate yearly total, the lowest and best bid received.
11. Consideration of a request to increase the contract for the Downtown Streets, Milling and Resurfacing project, with Dement Construction, by $35,100.00, in order to finish the milling and resurfacing work and to pave an additional lane on Bendix Drive between Highway 70 Bypass and North Parkway East.
12. Consideration of proposed budget amendments.
13. Invoices over $10,000.
14. Proposed approval of Certificates of Compliance for:
a. Thomas Highfill, d/b/a Big Al's Package Store;
b. Robert E. Frankland, III, d/b/a The Barrel;
c. Lynda Climer, President, and Addie Climer, Secretary, d/b/a Oak Hill Spirits Shoppe, Inc.
15. Board Appointments:
a. Revenue Finance Corporation Board of Directors - Appointment of Harbert Alexander; William "Bill" Buckley; Seth Chandler; Susan Cook, Rev. Carmichael Crutchfield; Nell Huntspon; and Sharon Younger.
b. District Management Corporation - Kenny Holt.
c. Civil Service Commission - Appointment of Clyde Hamilton to replace Sidney David and appointment to replace Copeland Hutson.
d. Planning Commission and Urban Growth Planning Commission - Reappointment of James Tyson and appointment to replace Sharon Younger.
e. Health Education & Housing Facilities - Reappointment of Helen Owens.
f. Zoning Appeals - Appointment to replace Sharon Younger.
g. Industrial Development - Reappointment of Charlie Roberts and appointment to replace Bill Allen.
THE AGENDA REVIEW MEETING WILL BE ON THURSDAY, JUNE 1, 2000 AT 5:00 P.M. IN THE COUNCIL CONFERENCE ROOM, 1st FLOOR, CITY HALL.