Council Meeting Agenda
MAY 2, 2000 - 9:00 A.M.
GEORGE A. SMITH MEETING ROOM
I. CALL TO ORDER.
II. INVOCATION AND PLEDGE OF ALLEGIANCE TO FLAG. (COUNCILMAN JOHNNY DODD)
III. ROLL CALL.
IV. APPROVAL OF MINUTES OF APRIL 4, 2000 MEETING.
VI. PUBLIC HEARINGS:
1. Consideration of an Ordinance to rezone property located along Butler Street in Bemis, just south of Second Street, from A-O/HCC Agriculture and Open Land)/(Historic Cultural Conservation) District to RG-1/HCC (General Residential)/(Historic Cultural Conservation) District, 6.3± acres.
2. Consideration of an Ordinance authorizing and approving the establishment of a Central Business Improvement District and the appointment of the Jackson Downtown Development Corporation as the "District Management Corporation."
VII. SECOND READINGS:
1. Consideration of an Ordinance to rezone property located on the south side of Carriage House Drive, adjacent to the Jackson Utility Division Water Treatment Plant, from O-C (Office Center) District to SC-1 (Planned Unit Commercial Development) District, 7.0± acres, submitted by Jimmy Harris.
2. Consideration of an Ordinance to rezone property located on the north side of DeMonbreun Drive, just east of North Highland Avenue, from RS-1 (Single Family Residential) District to B-5 (Highway Business) District, 1.03± acres, submitted by Gene Allbert.
3. Consideration of Ordinance to amend the Sign Code.
VIII. NEW BUSINESS:
1. Resolution authorizing and approving the incorporation of the Jackson Downtown Revenue Finance Corporation.
2. Resolution authorizing and approving the establishment of a Central Business Improvement District and the appointment of the Jackson Downtown Development Corporation as the "District Management Corporation."
3. Jackson Utility Division's request for approval of a contract with Watlington Brothers, Inc. in the amount of $1,889,774.00 for the construction of a Control Center Building on College Street.
4. Consideration of a Resolution approving Community Development's 5-Year Consolidated Plan and the Annual Action Plan for 2000-2001 including the budget for the Community Development Program.
5. Consideration of a contract in the amount of $51,352.51 with A-1 Chemical Products to supply janitorial products for various city departments, lowest and best bid received.
6. Consideration of a contract to Sprint to provide long distance services for the City of Jackson, the only bid received.
7. Award a contract to Teague Transports, lowest and best bidder, for mineral aggregate.
8. Award a contract to Burger Barn in the amount of $192,208.00 to provide lunches and snacks for the summer food program, only bid received.
9. Award a contract to Four Season's Nursery in the amount of $52,206.00, for various plants throughout the city, the only bid received.
10. Award a contract to Arnold, Spain, Truett and Hewitt PLLC for the City's financial and compliance audit.
11. Consideration of proposed budget amendments.
12. Invoices over $10,000.
THE AGENDA REVIEW MEETING WILL BE ON THURSDAY, APRIL 27, 2000 AT 5:00 P.M. IN THE COUNCIL CONFERENCE ROOM, 1st FLOOR, CITY HALL.