Council Meeting Agenda
APRIL 4, 2000 - 9:00 A.M.
GEORGE A. SMITH MEETING ROOM
I. CALL TO ORDER.
II. INVOCATION AND PLEDGE OF ALLEGIANCE TO FLAG. (COUNCILMAN MAURICE HAYS)
III. ROLL CALL.
IV. APPROVAL OF MINUTES OF MARCH 7, 2000 MEETING.
VI. PUBLIC HEARINGS:
1. Consideration of an Ordinance to rezone property located on the south side of Carriage House Drive, adjacent to the Jackson Utility Division Water Treatment Plant, from O-C (Office Center) District to SC-1 (Planned Unit Commercial Development) District, 7.0± acres, submitted by Jimmy Harris.
2. Consideration of an Ordinance to rezone property located on the north side of DeMonbreun Drive, just east of North Highland Avenue, from RS-1 (Single Family Residential) District to B-5 (Highway Business) District, 1.03± acres, submitted by Gene Allbert.
3. Consideration of an Ordinance for closure and abandonment of a portion of MCO Road.
4. Consideration of Ordinance to amend the Sign Code.
VII. SECOND HEARINGS:
1. Consideration of an Ordinance to rezone property located on the east side of South Highland Avenue, just north of Harts Bridge Road, from RS-1 (Single-Family Residential) District to SC-1 (Planned Unit Commercial Development) District, 1.56± acres.
2. Consideration of an Ordinance to authorize a road widening construction project by the Department of Transportation of the State of Tennessee known as LP Project No. 2343, Campbell Street, and I-40 to Ridgecrest Road. Construction cost will be borne by the Department of Transportation of the State of Tennessee and by the City of Jackson as approved within the 2000-2002 Transportation Improvement Program (TIP) for the Jackson Urban Area Metropolitan Planning organization (MPO), as depicted in the contract.
VIII. NEW BUSINESS:
1. Jackson Utility Division's request for approval of a Purchase Agreement with Southwest Electric Membership Corporation to purchase electric facilities in the annexed area known as the Porter Cable area for the total purchase price of $1,067,494.28.
2. Jackson Utility Division's request for approval of the sale of a .02 acre tract of land at North Highland and North Parkway to developers William L. Reed and Donald G. Austin.
3. Jackson Utility Division's request for a Resolution amending the resolution adopted by the City Council on September 7, 1993 as it relates to the natural gas system revenue bond resolution.
4. Consideration of a Resolution approving a Housing Project Plan submitted by Jackson Housing Authority for the Hickory Acres Apartments at 800 Old Hickory Boulevard.
5. Consideration of First Refusal Option Agreement between the City of Jackson and The Exchange Center Club-Carl Perkins Center for Prevention of Child Abuse.
6. Consideration of a contract in the amount of $32,165.50 with Bubba Johnson Contracting for the Brookmere Lane project, lowest and best bid received.
7. Consideration of a contract in the amount of $3,478.00 with Lawrence Service for HVAC maintenance at City Hall, lowest and best bid received.
8. Consideration of a contract in the amount of $1,055,150.00 with Hubbs Construction for the construction of a landfill cell, lowest and best bid received.
9. Consideration of a contract in the amount of $6,772.40 with Command Uniforms for Police/Badges & Miscellaneous, best bid received.
10. Consideration of Amendment II in the amount of $264,312.00 for the proposed replacement of underpass; Ridgecrest Road (existing Christmasville Road), Milepost IC-466.20, Madison County, File 117-25022 CPB and amendment to the contract with Norfolk Southern Railroad Corporation to reflect the change in responsibility for track construction and to update other items to reflect the current rate. Norfolk Southern will perform all track construction work on this project. The track construction work will be deleted from the work contracted out by the City of Jackson.
11. Acceptance of streets located within Wyndchase Subdivision Sections I, II, III-A as city streets.
12. Invoices over $10,000.
13. Board Appointments:
a. Code Advisory/Appeals Board - Reappointment of Wayne Ada, Clay Browning; Clay Browning, and Hampton Williams.
b. Historical Zoning Commission - Appointment of Sammy West to replace Frank Wagster, whose term has expired.
c. Jackson Transit Authority - Reappointment of Cal Shugart.
d. Health, Education & Housing Facilities Board - Appointment of R. Bradley Hancock to replace Robert G. Lamons, who has resigned.
THE AGENDA REVIEW MEETING WILL BE ON THURSDAY, MARCH 30, 2000 AT 5:00 P.M. IN THE COUNCIL CONFERENCE ROOM, 1st FLOOR, CITY HALL.