Council Meeting Agenda
MARCH 7, 2000 - 9:00 A.M.
GEORGE A. SMITH MEETING ROOM
I. CALL TO ORDER.
II. INVOCATION AND PLEDGE OF ALLEGIANCE TO FLAG. (COUNCILMAN DAVID CISCO)
III. ROLL CALL.
IV. APPROVAL OF MINUTES OF FEBRUARY 1, 2000 MEETING.
VI. PUBLIC HEARINGS:
1. Consideration of an Ordinance to rezone property located on the east side of South Highland Avenue, just north of Harts Bridge Road, from RS-1 (Single-Family Residential) District to SC-1 (Planned Unit Commercial Development) District, 1.56± acres.
2. Consideration of an Ordinance to authorize a road widening construction project by the Department of Transportation of the State of Tennessee known as LP Project No. 2343, Campbell Street, and I-40 to Ridgecrest Road. Construction cost will be borne by the Department of Transportation of the State of Tennessee and by the City of Jackson as approved within the 2000-2002 Transportation Improvement Program (TIP) for the Jackson Urban Area Metropolitan Planning organization (MPO), as depicted in the contract.
VII. SECOND HEARINGS:
1. Consideration of an Ordinance to rezone property located on the east side of Old Hickory Boulevard, just north of North Parkway, from B-1 (Medical and Related Services) District to SC-1 (Planned Unit Commercial Development) District, 1.12± acres.
2. Consideration of an Ordinance to rezone property located on the south side of Herron Grove Road, just west of Wiley Street and just east of the US 45 Bypass, from RS-1/FF/FW (Single Family Residential)/(Flood Fringe)/ (Floodway) to SC-1/FF/FW (Planned Unit Commercial Development)/ (Flood Fringe)/(Floodway) District, 7.75± acres.
VIII. NEW BUSINESS:
1. Consideration of Resolution encouraging members of the Legislature not to withhold state-shared revenues.
2. Consideration of contract in the amount of $344,950 for the Ridgecrest Road Phase 1-B.
3. Consideration of Change Order with Askew Hargraves and Harcourt for construction inspection on the project known as Christmasville Road Bridge. Construction Inspection not to exceed $3,500, original contract was $17,250 and the revised contract is $20,750.00.
4. Consideration of a contract with State of Tennessee Department of Transportation on Road Project known as LP Project No. 2343, Campbell Street, I-40 to Ridgecrest Road. Contract is for the purpose of providing for management, funding and related matters of the project. This will be an 80/20 funding split with the City of Jackson being responsible for 20%.
5. Consideration of Ridgecrest Road Phase I Change Order #6 in the amount of $79,825.32 with Claunch Construction Company for completion of this phase. The amended contract amount was $2,141,047.93, and the revised contract is in the amount of $2,220,873.24. The adjustment of final unit quantities show amount actual installed on the project.
6. Invoices over $10,000.
7. Approval of proposed budget amendments.
8. Consideration of Resolution appointing Jackson Housing Authority as the City of Jackson's agent to conduct a public hearing relating to the purchase of Hickory Acres Apartments by Jackson Housing Authority.
THE AGENDA REVIEW MEETING WILL BE ON THURSDAY, MARCH 2, 2000 AT 5:00 P.M. IN THE COUNCIL CONFERENCE ROOM, 1st FLOOR, CITY HALL.