Council Meeting Agenda
NOVEMBER 7, 2000 - 9:00 A.M.
GEORGE A. SMITH MEETING ROOM
I. CALL TO ORDER.
II. INVOCATION AND PLEDGE OF ALLEGIANCE TO FLAG.
(COUNCILMAN JAMES E. WOLFE, JR.)
III. ROLL CALL.
IV. APPROVAL OF MINUTES OF OCTOBER 3, 2000 MEETING.
VI. PUBLIC HEARINGS:
1. Consideration of an Ordinance to rezone property located on the northeast side of North Highland Avenue, just southeast of Pine Tree Dive from RS-1 (Single Family Residential) District to O (Office) District, 0.80
2. Consideration of a Resolution to adopt a Plan of Service, an Ordinance to annex and an Ordinance to zone an area referred to as "King Bradley," comprising 5.64
3. Consideration of an Ordinance to Amend Title 2 of the City Code regarding the Jackson City Beautiful Commission.
VII. SECOND READINGS:
1. Consideration of an Ordinance to rezone property located on the east side of the Norfolk Southern Railroad, just north of Rosedale Street and just west of Hollywood Drive, from RG-2 (General Residential) District to I-2 (Light Industrial) District, comprising 5.95
2. Consideration of an Ordinance to amend the text of the City Zoning Ordinance, Article V, Section 20, Subsection B. 11, relative to special exception uses in the O-C (Office Center) District.
3. Consideration of an Ordinance to amend the text of the City Zoning Ordinance, Article III, Definitions, relative to group day care facilities.
VIII. NEW BUSINESS:
1. Jackson Utility Division's request for approval of the sale of a 2.7 acre tract of land on F. E. Wright Drive to Hal Crocker for $29,912.00.
2. Jackson Utility Division's request for approval of resolution authorizing the issuance and sale of not to exceed $5,600,000 Gas System Revenue Bonds, Series 2000, and not to exceed $5,600,000 Electric System Revenue Bonds, Series 2000 of the City of Jackson, Tennessee.
3. Request for approval to donate a 1985 Rosco Flusher truck to the City of Toone, Tennessee.
4. Consideration of a contract with Shapiro Uniforms, Inc. for public work uniforms, the lowest and best bid received.
5. Consideration of a contract in the amount of $16,723.75 with Superior Construction for kitchen remodeling at Fire Station #2, the lowest and best bid received.
6. Consideration of a contract with Skaggs for Fire Department uniforms, the lowest and best bid received.
7. Request to hold a surplus auction on December 2, 2000.
8. Acceptance of streets located within Carroll Station Subdivision Section VI.
9. Consideration of Change Order 1 for the Campbell Street Project, to increase contract with Hart, Freeland & Roberts by $4,027.04 for additional engineering design to relocate centerline on Campbell Street as requested by the Tennessee Department of Transportation. Changes were requested when the project was switched to TDOT for handling right-of-way acquisition. The original contract is in the amount of $53,949.68 and the new contract is in the amount of $57,976.72.
10. Invoices over $10,000.
11. Proposed approval of Certificates of Compliance for:
- a. Vernita Stone, President, Tracy, Inc.
- b. Addison Stone, Secretary, Tracy Inc.
12. Board Appointment - Housing Board of Adjustment and Appeals Reappointment of John Hogans and appointment of John Allen to replace James L. Hatley.
13. Request for approval of new financial software and building software with Dataquest Software.
14. Consideration of Resolution amending the original Revenue Finance Corporation charter.
THE AGENDA REVIEW MEETING WILL BE ON THURSDAY, NOVEMBER 2, 2000 AT 5:00 P.M. IN THE COUNCIL CONFERENCE ROOM, 1st FLOOR, CITY HALL.