Council Meeting Agenda
OCTOBER 3, 2000 9:00 A.M.
GEORGE A. SMITH MEETING ROOM
I. CALL TO ORDER.
II. INVOCATION AND PLEDGE OF ALLEGIANCE TO FLAG.
(COUNCILMAN JOHN BANNISTER)
III. ROLL CALL.
IV. APPROVAL OF MINUTES OF SEPTEMBER 5, 2000 MEETING.
VI. PUBLIC HEARINGS:
1. Consideration of an Ordinance to rezone property located on the east side of U. S. Highway 45 South, just south of Rebel Road, from RS-1 (Single-Family Residential) District to O (Office) comprising 0.66
2. Consideration of an Ordinance to rezone property located on the east side of the Norfolk Southern Railroad, just north of Rosedale Street and just west of Hollywood Drive, from RG-2 (General Residential) District to I-2 (Light Industrial) District, comprising 5.95
3. Consideration of an Ordinance to amend the text of the City Zoning Ordinance, Article V, Section 20, Subsection B. 11, relative to special exception uses in the O-C (Office Center) District.
4. Consideration of an Ordinance to amend the text of the City Zoning Ordinance, Article III, Definitions, relative to group day care facilities.
VII. SECOND READINGS:
1. Consideration of an Ordinance to annex and an Ordinance to zone two areas referred to as "Troutman Subarea 1 and Troutman Subarea 2", annexation areas comprising 27.75
2. Consideration of an Ordinance to amend the text of the City Zoning Ordinance, Article VI, Section 5, Subsection E, relative to residential accessory structures.
3. Consideration of an Ordinance to amend the text of the City Zoning Ordinance, Article VI, Section 14, relative to queuing lanes.
4. Consideration of an Ordinance to amend the Official Code of the City of Jackson, Chapter 6, Section 11.603, relative to firearms.
5. Consideration of an Ordinance to amend Title 16 of the City Code of Jackson, Tennessee regarding Restoration of Street Openings.
6 Consideration of an Ordinance to close and abandon a section of right-of-way on Walker Road located behind Union University.
VIII. NEW BUSINESS:
1. Consideration of recommendation to rename the Jackson Civic Center to the Carl Perkins Civic Center.
2. Jackson Utility Division's request for consideration of a contract in the amount of $600,180.00 with Service Electric Company for labor and materials to construct the Moize Creek 161:12KV substation.
3. Consideration of a contract in the amount of $2,000.00 with Hall Engineering, LLC to provide electrical engineering for the installation of an emergency generator at the Jackson Fire Department South Station.
4. Consideration of a contract in the amount of $3,714,689.60 to Dement Construction for the materials and labor required for the Ridgecrest Road Phase 2 Extensions project, the lowest and best bid received.
5. Consideration of a contract with Lee & Son Service for materials and labor required to clean parking lots at various City locations, the best bid received.
6. Consideration of contracts with MMC Materials and City Concrete for Ready Mix Concrete. Both bids were $62.00 per cubic yard.
7. Consideration of a contract with All-Brite for U-Channel Posts for the Traffic Sign Department, the lowest and best bid received.
8. Consideration of contracts with Scotty’s Trophies, Jackson Engraving & Awards, Miss TN Charm and Singleton’s for various styles of trophies and plaques.
9. Consideration of a contract with Captive Ads, Inc. for indoor billboard advertising in various public City facilities, the only bid received.
10. Consideration of a contract in the amount of $174,248.70 with Bubba Johnson Contracting for the reconstruction of sidewalks in the Lane area, the lowest and best bid received.
11. Consideration of a contract with Shelby’s Shop for collision repairs to City vehicles, the lowest and best bid received.
12. Consideration of acceptance of Engineering Design Proposal from Hart, Freeland, Roberts for Safety Improvement and Culvert Extension at the intersection of Robin Hood Lane with Old Humboldt Road, the estimated design fee is $12,500.00.
13. Acceptance of streets located within Castlegate Subdivision Section III.
14. Invoices over $10,000.
15. Proposed approval of Certificates of Compliance for:
a. Donna B. Frankland, Royal Liquors.
b. Michael V. Smith, Eastgate of Jackson, LLC.
c. Jerry Lester Key, Jr., Eastgate of Jackson, LLC.
d. Mary M. Lindsey, South Highland Liquor Store.
e. Bobby L. Lindsey, Sr., Southside Package Store.
f. Bobby L. Lindsey, Jr., Lynnwood Wine & Spirits.
16. Board Appointment:
a. Housing Board of Adjustment and Appeals Reappointment of Linda Higgins.
b. Jackson Housing Authority Appointment of Earline Moore to replace Corlis Spencer, whose term has expired.
c. City Tree Reappointment of Charles Baldwin and appointment of Virginia Stackens-Crump to replace Addie King.
d. Planning Commission Reappointment of Randy Wallace.
e. Jackson City Beautiful Appointment of:
- Janet Hetzlr to replace Leslie Poteete;
- Allyson Wimberly to replace Pam Woods;
- Jill Cochran to replace John Hulme;
- Mike Tyson to replace Gary Goodman;
- Stephanie Brown to replace Steve Pollok;
- Ryan Brown to replace Mary Slack;
- Jennifer Robinson to replace Barbara Warren; and
- Sandi Brown to replace Danetti Davis.
17. Consideration of agreements between Jackson Arts Council and the City of Jackson relating to the Performing Arts Center.
18. New web site presentation.
THE AGENDA REVIEW MEETING WILL BE ON THURSDAY, SEPTEMBER 28, 2000 AT 5:00 P.M. IN THE COUNCIL CONFERENCE ROOM, 1st FLOOR, CITY HALL.