CITY COUNCIL MEETING
FEBRUARY 7, 2006 – 9:00 A.M.
GEORGE A. SMITH MEETING ROOM
I. CALL TO ORDER.
II. INVOCATION AND PLEDGE OF ALLEGIANCE TO FLAG.
(COUNCILMAN CHARLES RAHM)
III. ROLL CALL.
IV. APPROVAL OF MINUTES OF THE JANUARY 3, 2006 AND JANUARY 12, 2006 MEETINGS.
VI. INVITATION FOR PUBLIC COMMENT.
VII. PUBLIC HEARINGS:
1. Consideration of an Ordinance to annex, a Resolution to adopt a Plan of Service and an Ordinance to zone an area referred to as “Northpointe Builders,” located on the north side of the existing Northpointe Subdivision and being west of Old Humboldt Road, comprising 21.47 acres more or less. The proposed zoning for the area is RS (Single Family Residential) District.
2. Consideration of an Ordinance to amend the text of the Official Zoning Ordinance Article VI, Regulations Applying to a Specific, To Several, or to All Districts relative to creating a new Section 28, Airport Height and Noise Regulations.
3. Consideration of an Ordinance to amend the text of the Official Code of the City of Jackson, Title 14, Zoning And Land Use Control Chapter 3 Airport Zoning.
4. Consideration of an Ordinance to amend the title of the Jackson Municipal Code relative to the sale of beer.
5. Consideration of an Ordinance authorizing the renewal and granting of a franchise for cable television services to Jackson Energy Authority and establishing requirements, terms, conditions and limitations for such franchise.
6. Consideration of an Ordinance authorizing the renewal and granting of a franchise for cable television services to Renaissance Media, LLC, locally known as “Charter Communications,” and establishing requirements, terms, conditions and limitations for such franchise.
VIII. SECOND READINGS:
1. Consideration of an Ordinance to rezone property located on the east side of Rushmeade Road, just north of Vann Drive from an RG-1 (General Residential) District to a SC-1 (Planned Unit Commercial Development) District, comprising 0.72 acres more or less, submitted by Jason McCarver on behalf of Columns II Partners.
IX. NEW BUSINESS:
1. Consideration of a Resolution to provide assistance to the Jackson Housing Authority with respect to the Parkview Transformation and Entertainment District Redevelopment projects.
2. Consideration of a Resolution authorizing the issuance of an interest bearing general obligation capital outlay note, series 2006, in an amount not to exceed $1,995,000, and providing for payment of said note.
3. Consideration of the sale of surplus property.
4. Consideration of a contract in the amount of $50,000 between the Tennessee Department of Transportation and the City of Jackson for installation of a traffic signal on Vann Drive at Emporium Drive.
5. Consideration of approval of Thomsen Farms Subdivision, Section I, and Exeter Road located within said subdivision to be accepted as a city street.
6. Board Appointments:
- Jackson Energy Authority – Appointment of Howard Bond to replace Sarah Barnes (term to expire 6/30/08) and Lewis T. Dunn (term to expire 6/30/10) to replace Joe Bigford.
7. Consideration of budget amendments.
8. Invoices over $10,000.