CITY COUNCIL MEETING
AUGUST 2, 2005 – 9:00 A.M.
GEORGE A. SMITH MEETING ROOM
I. CALL TO ORDER.
II. INVOCATION AND PLEDGE OF ALLEGIANCE TO FLAG.
(COUNCILMAN JOHNNY DODD)
III. ROLL CALL.
IV. APPROVAL OF MINUTES OF THE JULY 5, 2005 MEETING.
VI. INVITATION FOR PUBLIC COMMENT.
VII. PUBLIC HEARINGS:
1. Consideration of an Ordinance to rezone property located on the south side of Oil Well Road, just west of Walker Road, from an RG-2/PRD (General Residential/Planned Residential Development), RG-3 (General Residential), and O-C (Office Center) Districts to an SC-1 (Planned Unit Commercial Development) District, comprising 17.11 acres more or less, submitted by Larry Jolley, on behalf of V. C. Thomsen, Jr.
2. Consideration of an Ordinance to Amend the ordinance governing Registration of Vehicles to establish one rate for all vehicles.
VIII. SECOND READINGS:
- Consideration of an Ordinance to amend the text of the Official Zoning Ordinance for the City of Jackson, Tennessee relative to the definition of “family.”
- Consideration of an Ordinance to rezone property located on the north and south sides of Shelby Street, just west of South Royal Street, from an RG-3 (General Residential) District to a B-4 (General Business) District comprising a total of 3.9 acres more or less submitted by David Williams and including a larger area initiated by the planning staff.
- Consideration of an Ordinance to amend the text of the Zoning and Land Use Control, Chapter 4 Sign Control, relative to Mobile Signs.
- Consideration of an amendment to the City Court Judge Ordinance to set the salary of the City Judge to $97,500, with said salary to be for the duration of the next term of office beginning in August 2006.
IX. NEW BUSINESS:
1. Presentation of Madison County 20/20 Strategic Plan by Gary Grisham and/or Greg Milam.
2. Discussion of Madison County Attorney's letter asserting claim to proceeds from the sale of the city's landfill.
3. Consideration of a development proposal for the Entertainment District.
4. Consideration of a Resolution authorizing participation in the Tennessee Main Street Program.
5. Consideration of a change order in the amount of $55,693.53 to Ford Construction Company for improvements to F. E. Wright Drive (original contract $734,884.99, change order no. 1 $55,693.53, new contract $790,578.52.)
6. Consideration of a contract in the amount of $29,450 with Neel-Schaffer, Inc. for engineering design services for providing double-left turn lanes on Skyline Drive at Highland Avenue, said amount to be 100% reimbursable by Jackson Madison County General Hospital. Council approval is contingent upon approval by the JMCGH Board.
7. Consideration of Petition for a Hearing before the Jackson City Council submitted by George F. Bennett and Paul Mundt regarding garbage pick-up at apartment complexes within the City of Jackson.
8. Board Appointments:
- Keep Jackson Beautiful Commission – Reappointment of Tammy Buchanan and appointment of Brad Creekmore to fill the expired term of Gwen Carnell.
- Community Economic Development Corporation – Appointment of Tom Hensley to replace Mary Adams, whose term has expired, and appointment to replace Bill Hamilton, who has resigned.
- Housing Board of Adjustment and Appeals – Reappointment of Mattie Carroll.
9. Invoices over $10,000.