Council Meeting Agenda
CITY COUNCIL MEETING
JULY 5, 2005 – 9:00 A.M.
GEORGE A. SMITH MEETING ROOM
I. CALL TO ORDER.
II. INVOCATION AND PLEDGE OF ALLEGIANCE TO FLAG.
(COUNCILMAN MAURICE HAYS)
III. ROLL CALL.
IV. APPROVAL OF MINUTES OF THE JUNE 7, 2005, JUNE 22, 2005, AND JUNE 23, 2005 MEETINGS.
VI. INVITATION FOR PUBLIC COMMENT.
VII. PUBLIC HEARINGS:
- Consideration of an Ordinance to amend the text of the Official Zoning Ordinance for the City of Jackson, Tennessee relative to the definition of “family.”
- Consideration of an Ordinance to rezone property located on the north and south sides of Shelby Street, just west of South Royal Street, from an RG-3 (General Residential) District to a B-4 (General Business) District comprising a total of 3.9 acres more or less submitted by David Williams and including a larger area initiated by the planning staff.
- Consideration of an Ordinance to amend the text of the Zoning and Land Use Control, Chapter 4 Sign Control, relative to Mobile Signs.
- Consideration of an amendment to the City Court Judge Ordinance to set the salary of the City Judge to be equal to the Madison County General Sessions Judges.
VIII. SECOND READINGS:
- Consideration of an Ordinance to annex, and an Ordinance to zone an annexation area referred to as “Duncan,” located on the south side of Cooper Anderson Road, just east of Broad Meadow Drive, comprising 69.42 acres more or less, submitted by Terry & Mary Ann Duncan. The proposed zoning for the area is RS-1 (Single Family Residential) District.
- Consideration of an Ordinance to rezone property located on the north side of Ridgecrest Road Extended, just east of Dr. F. E. Wright Drive, from an I-O (Wholesale and Warehousing) District to an SC-1 (Planned Unit Commercial Development) District, comprising 103.86 acres, submitted by the planning staff.
- Consideration of an ordinance to amend the Official Code of the City of Jackson Relative to Title 7, Chapter 2 Fire Prevention Code.
- Consideration of an Ordinance to amend the Official Code of the City of Jackson Relative to Title 7, Chapter 3, Fire Protection and Fireworks (National Fire Protection Codes “NFPA”).
- Consideration of an Ordinance to amend the Official Code of the City of Jackson Relative to Title 12, Building, Utility, etc. Codes.
- Consideration of the Operating Budget Ordinance for the 2005-2006 fiscal year.
- Consideration of the Capital Budget Ordinance for the 2005-2006 fiscal year.
- Consideration of the Tax Rate Ordinance setting the property tax rate at $2.10 per $100 assessed valuation.
- Consideration of an amendment to the Registration of Vehicle Ordinance to increase the fee for a city sticker from $15 to $25
IX. NEW BUSINESS:
- Consideration of replacement for council member for District 5 council seat.
- Election of Vice Mayor.
- Election of Treasurer.
- Consideration of Resolutions for grants and donations.
- Ratification of a private act of the state legislature relating to the appropriation of the hotel/motel tax.
- Consideration of selling the City of Jackson landfill to BFI/Allied Waste.
- Consideration of a contract in the amount of $305,631 with Converged Solutions for a telephone and voice mail system.
- Consideration of Change Order #3 in the amount of $29,415 with Garrett Plumbing & Heating for additions to the Police HVAC system.
- Consideration of a contract in the amount of $3.80 per linear foot with Lexington Asphalt for extruded curb.
- Consideration of a contract to Cabling Connections for data and cabling to the Ormet Building.
- Consideration of a contract between the City of Jackson and the Tennessee Department of Transportation for Mowing and Litter Removal on Interstate 40 and Interstate 186 for FY 2005-2006.
- Consideration of a contract between the City of Jackson and the Tennessee Department of Transportation for Maintenance on State Routes for FY 2005-2006.
- Consideration of a Resolution approving a proposal for safety improvement project to the intersection of the U.S. 45 Bypass and Airways Boulevard/U.S. Highway 70 West.
- Consideration of the sale of surplus property.
- Consideration of Petition for a Hearing before the Jackson City Council submitted by George F. Bennett and Paul Mundt regarding garbage pick-up at apartment complexes within the City of Jackson.
- Board Appointments:
- Jackson Madison County Library Board – Appointment of Sharon Younger to replace Dr. Marilyn Kemp and Dee Ann Culbreath to replace Janet Epps.
- Planning Department – Appointment of City Council representative.
- Historical Zoning Commission – Appointment of City Council representative to replace Gerry Neese.
- Beer Board – Appointment of three City Council members.
- Taxi Board – Appointment of three City Council members.
17. Invoices over $10,000.