CITY COUNCIL MEETING
JUNE 7, 2005 – 9:00 A.M.
GEORGE A. SMITH MEETING ROOM
I. CALL TO ORDER.
II. INVOCATION AND PLEDGE OF ALLEGIANCE TO FLAG.
(COUNCILMAN DAVID CISCO)
III. ROLL CALL.
IV. APPROVAL OF MINUTES OF THE MAY 3, 2005 MEETING.
VI. INVITATION FOR PUBLIC COMMENT.
VII. PUBLIC HEARINGS:
1. Consideration of a Resolution to adopt a Plan of Service, an ordinance to annex, and an ordinance to zone an annexation area referred to as “Duncan,” located on the south side of Cooper Anderson Road, just east of Broad Meadow Drive, comprising 69.42 acres more or less, submitted by Terry & Mary Ann Duncan. The proposed zoning for the area is RS-1 (Single Family Residential) District.
2. Consideration of an ordinance to rezone property located on the north side of Ridgecrest Road Extended, just east of Dr. F. E. Wright Drive, from an I-O (Wholesale and Warehousing) District to an SC-1 (Planned Unit Commercial Development) District, comprising 103.86 acres, submitted by the planning staff.
3. Consideration of an ordinance to amend the Official Code of the City of Jackson Relative to Title 7, Chapter 2 Fire Prevention Code.
4. Consideration of an Ordinance to amend the Official Code of the City of Jackson Relative to Title 7, Chapter 3, Fire Protection and Fireworks (National Fire Protection Codes “NFPA”).
5. Consideration of an Ordinance to amend the Official Code of the City of Jackson Relative to Title 14, Chapter 4, Mobile Signs.
6. Consideration of an Ordinance to amend the Official Code of the City of Jackson Relative to Title 12, Building, Utility, etc. Codes.
VIII. SECOND READINGS:
1. Consideration of an Ordinance to rezone property located on the south side of University Parkway, across from Emerald Lake Drive, from an RS-1 (Single Family Residential) District to an RS-1/PRD (Single Family Residential/Planned Residential Development) District, comprising 10.24 acres, submitted by Robert Shell, on behalf of Shell Properties, Inc.
2. Consideration of an Ordinance to rezone property located on the south side of Harts Bridge Road and west of Bond Creek, from I-2/FH (Light Industrial/Flood Hazard) District to a B-5/FH (Highway Business/Flood Hazard) District, comprising 5 acres, submitted by Jeff Helms on behalf of Southern Marquis.
3. Consideration of an Ordinance to rezone property located at the southeast corner of North Highland Avenue and East Forest Avenue, from RG-2/HC (General Residential/Historic) District to O-R (Office-Residential) District, comprising 2.52 acres, submitted by Julian Builders, Inc. on behalf of Dr. Ernest Antwi.
IX. NEW BUSINESS:
1. Consideration of replacement for council member for District 5 council seat.
2. Consideration of request to rename Highland Park in honor of former Mayor Bob Conger.
3. Request to clarify agreement to sell the Westwood Gardens property. Specifically, whether developers are expected to pay for all of the property, who is supposed to own the proposed park, what the park is supposed to consist of, maintenance requirements, etc.
4. Consideration of a $5,110 change order to Keystone Construction Company for additional items for the Oman Arena Concessions Renovation Project, original contract - $160,473, change order $5,110, for a revised contract of $165,583.
5. Consideration of a contract in the amount of $100,615 with Traf-Mark, Inc. for pavement markings.
6. Consideration of a contract in the amount of $54,475 with NaturChem for herbicide spraying on state routes, I-40, major and secondary streets.
7. Consideration of a contract with Burger Barn for the Summer Food Program.
8. Consideration of a contract with Carroll Sod Farm for bermuda sod.
9. Consideration of accepting Briar Hill Subdivision Section VI and Hedgefield Drive and Hayworth Cove located within said subdivision as city streets.
10. Consideration of accepting Briar Hill Subdivision Section VII and Rampart Drive, located within said subdivision, as a city street.
11. Consideration of a contract with Bernardin Lochmueller & Associates, Inc., in association with Gresham, Smith and Partners, for a lump sum amount not to exceed $155,000, said amount to be reimbursed through Federal Highway MPO Planning (PL) grant funds over a 2 1/2 grant year time frame.
12. Consideration of budget amendments.
13. Board Appointments:
Industrial Development Board – Reappointment of Jerry Charles Cox, Ed Dugger and James Allison.
Environmental Advisory/Appeals Board – Reappointment of Eddie O’Neill, III.
Housing Board of Adjustment and Appeals – Reappointment of Joe Hamilton.
14. Invoices over $10,000.