CITY COUNCIL MEETING
MAY 3, 2005 – 9:00 A.M.
GEORGE A. SMITH MEETING ROOM
I. CALL TO ORDER.
II. INVOCATION AND PLEDGE OF ALLEGIANCE TO FLAG.
(COUNCILMAN CHARLES RAHM)
III. ROLL CALL.
IV. APPROVAL OF MINUTES OF THE APRIL 5, 2005 MEETING.
VI. INVITATION FOR PUBLIC COMMENT.
VII. PUBLIC HEARINGS:
1. Consideration of an Ordinance to rezone property located on the south side of University Parkway, across from Emerald Lake Drive, from an RS-1 (Single Family Residential) District to an RS-1/PRD (Single Family Residential/Planned Residential Development) District, comprising 10.24 ± acres, submitted by Robert Shell, on behalf of Shell Properties, Inc.
2. Consideration of an Ordinance to rezone property located on the south side of Harts Bridge Road and west of Bond Creek, from I-2/FH (Light Industrial/Flood Hazard) District to a B-5/FH (Highway Business/Flood Hazard) District, comprising 5 ± acres, submitted by Jeff Helms on behalf of Southern Marquis.
3. Consideration of an Ordinance to rezone property located at the southeast corner of North Highland Avenue and East Forest Avenue, from RG-2/HC (General Residential/Historic) District to O-R (Office-Residential) District, comprising 2.52 ± acres, submitted by Julian Builders, Inc. on behalf of Dr. Ernest Antwi.
VIII. SECOND READINGS:
1. Consideration of an Ordinance to rezone property located along a westward extension of Vann Drive, north of Interstate 40 and south of Rushmeade Road, from A-O/RG-1 (Agriculture-Open land/General Residential) District to SC-1 (Planned Unit Commercial Development District, comprising 59.1 acres more or less, submitted by Columns II Partner.
IX. NEW BUSINESS:
1. Consideration of a Resolution adopting the Community Development Five-Year Consolidated Plan and Approving the Annual Action Plan.
2. Consideration of Change Order II in the amount of $18,730 with Neel Schaffer, Inc. for additional engineering services regarding the Royal Street Improvement Project, original contract - $77,300, change order I - $3,680, change order II 18,730, for a revised contract of $99,710.
3. Consideration of request to hold the city’s 20th surplus auction on June 11, 2005.
4. Consideration of a contract with Stansell Electric in the amount of $297,033 for the 2005 Traffic Signalization Project, said amount includes a change order reducing the allowance by $8,000.
5. Consideration of a development proposal for the Westwood Redevelopment Project.
6. Consideration of the sale of surplus property.
7. Consideration of approval of write-offs for o utstanding checks, unpaid property taxes for years 1988 – 1992, a discharged Community Development loan, delinquent Westwood Garden accounts and uncollectible street receivables.
8. Consideration of budget amendments.
9. Board Appointments:
- Zoning Appeals – Reappointment of Phillip Jones and Patty Lewis.
- Tree Board – Reappointment of Mark Whitaker and Dr. Charles Baldwin.
- Keep Jackson Beautiful – Reappointment of Pam Woods.
- Small Business Loan Review – Reappointment of Katie Brantley and Lynne Henning.
10. Invoices over $10,000.