Council Meeting Agenda
CITY COUNCIL MEETING
APRIL 5, 2005 – 9:00 A.M.
GEORGE A. SMITH MEETING ROOM
I. CALL TO ORDER.
II. INVOCATION AND PLEDGE OF ALLEGIANCE TO FLAG.
(COUNCILMAN JOHN BANNISTER)
III. ROLL CALL.
IV. APPROVAL OF MINUTES OF MARCH 1, 2005 and MARCH 9 and 18, 2005 MEETINGS.
VI. INVITATION FOR PUBLIC COMMENT.
VII. PUBLIC HEARINGS:
1. Consideration of an Ordinance to rezone property located along a westward extension of Vann Drive, north of Interstate 40 and south of Rushmeade Road, from A-O/RG-1 (Agriculture-Open land/General Residential) District to SC-1 (Planned Unit Commercial Development District, comprising 59.1 acres more or less, submitted by Columns II Partner.
VIII. SECOND READINGS:
1. Consideration of an Ordinance to rezone property located on Old Humboldt Road, southeast of Forrest Pointe Drive from RS-1 (Single Family Residential) District to O (Office) District, comprising a total of 0.76 acres more or less, submitted by Charles Patterson.
2. Consideration of an Ordinance to rezone property located at 714 and 718 Whitehall Street from RG-1/ F-H (General Residential/Flood Hazard) to RG-2/ F-H (General Residential/Flood Hazard) District, comprising a total of 9.1 acres more or less, submitted by Paladin Community Development Corporation.
IX. NEW BUSINESS:
1. Consideration of a development proposal for the Cloverdale Redevelopment Project.
2. Consideration of funding for the baseball/softball Sportsplex.
3. Consideration of a request from John Allen and David Horton for an option to purchase the city’s parking lot adjacent to the Hard Rack building on the 100th block of North Highland Avenue. Mr. Allen and Mr. Horton plan to propose a public/private development of a parking garage/office building that would include a proposal that the city lease spaces in the parking garage.
4. Consideration of a request from the Postal Employees Credit Union to purchase .81 acres of property located at 351 Martin Luther King Dr for $150,000.
5. Approval of a Grant of Utility Easement to the Jackson Energy Authority for the Postal Employees Credit Union property.
6. Consideration of a subrecipient agreement with the Jackson Housing Authority for the disbursement of Section 108 loan funds.
7. Consideration of a Resolution approving the proposed project plan including single-family dwelling rehabilitation and construction with sales to income eligible homebuyers and financing participation by the Jackson Housing Authority.
Consideration of the sale of surplus property.
Consideration of budget amendments.
10. Board Appointments:
HEH Facilities Board – Reappointment of Jack Naylor, Howard Bond, R. Bradley Hancock and Abner Taylor.
Planning Commission – Reappointment of Herb Slack and Randi Morton.
Code Advisory/Appeals Board – Reappointment of Jim Ferrell, Charles Garrett, Jr. and Jerry Spore.
Jackson Transit Authority Board – Reappointment of Terry Wright.
Community Economic Development Board – Reappointment of Bill Hamilton.
Historical Zoning Appeals – Reappointment of Sammy West.
Board of Zoning Appeals – Reappointment of Patty Lewis.
11. Invoices over $10,000.