CITY COUNCIL MEETING
MARCH 1, 2005 – 9:00 A.M.
GEORGE A. SMITH MEETING ROOM
I. CALL TO ORDER.
II. INVOCATION AND PLEDGE OF ALLEGIANCE TO FLAG.
(COUNCILMAN CHARLES “PEPPER” BRAY)
III. ROLL CALL.
IV. APPROVAL OF MINUTES OF FEBRUARY 1, 2005 MEETING.
VI. INVITATION FOR PUBLIC COMMENT.
VII. PUBLIC HEARINGS:
1. Consideration of an Ordinance to rezone property located on Old Humboldt Road, southeast of Forrest Pointe Drive from RS-1 (Single Family Residential) District to O (Office) District, comprising a total of 0.76 acres more or less, submitted by Charles Patterson.
2. Consideration of an Ordinance to rezone property located at 714 and 718 Whitehall Street from RG-1/ F-H (General Residential/Flood Hazard) to RG-2/ F-H (General Residential/Flood Hazard) District, comprising a total of 9.1 acres more or less, submitted by Paladin Community Development Corporation.
VIII. SECOND READINGS:
1. Consideration of an Ordinance to annex and an Ordinance to zone an area referred to as “Maytag” comprising 32.3 acres more or less, located at 2500 Dr. F. E. Wright Drive . The proposed zoning scheme for the area is I-2 (Light Industrial) District.
IX. NEW BUSINESS:
1. Consideration of renewal of the contract with The Ferguson Group.
2. Request to pay $10,000 for option on land for a proposed sportsplex, said option to be for 30 days with option to renew for another 30 days at the same price.
3. Consideration of Change Order No. 2 for $3,982 with Garrett Plumbing and Heating for installation of the HVAC unit at the Police Department. (original contract $336,885, change order #2 $3,982; revised contract $340,867)
4. Consideration of acceptance of streets located within Station Oaks Subdivision Phase II, Section I (Union Fort Drive and Red Deer Cove) as city streets.
5. Consideration of acceptance of streets located within Green Valley Subdivision Section IV and V (Elmwood Cove and Green Valley Drive) as city streets.
6. Consideration of a contract in the amount of $46,700 with Gresham Smith and Partners for designing improvements for the Vann Drive at Emporium intersection to include left turn lanes and traffic signalization.
7. Invoices over $10,000.