Council Meeting Agenda
CITY COUNCIL MEETING
JANUARY 4, 2005 – 9:00 A.M.
GEORGE A. SMITH MEETING ROOM
I. CALL TO ORDER.
II. INVOCATION AND PLEDGE OF ALLEGIANCE TO FLAG.
(COUNCILMAN HARVEY BUCHANAN)
III. ROLL CALL.
IV. APPROVAL OF MINUTES OF DECEMBER 7, 2004 MEETING.
VI. INVITATION FOR PUBLIC COMMENT.
VII. PUBLIC HEARINGS:
1. Consideration of an Ordinance to Close and Abandon an unnamed alley located between Whitehall, Tomlin, East Deaderick and Lexington Streets.
2. Consideration of an Ordinance to amend Ordinance No. 2003-015 Closing and Abandoning a portion of an alley between Church and Cumberland Streets.
VIII. SECOND READINGS:
1. Consideration of an Ordinance to Close and Abandon an unnamed alley located behind 575 and 585 South Royal Street.
2. Consideration of an Ordinance to Close and Abandon a portion of Spencer Alley.
IX. NEW BUSINESS:
1. Consideration of a contract with Professional Sports Marketing in the amount of $50,000 to find a new tenant for Pringles Park if the West Tennessee Diamond Jaxx leave after the 2005 season.
2. Consideration of a contract with Jackson Energy Authority for network infrastructure to various city facilities.
3. Consideration of request from citizen’s group proposing multi-field baseball/softball complex seeking the city’s support.
4. Consideration of a request from Madison County that the City of Jackson quitclaim its interest in the Madison County Health Department.
5. Consideration of a contract with Ford Construction Company in the amount of $70,598.66 for material and labor required for John Williams Road improvements.
6. Consideration of a contract with Ford Construction Company in the amount of $734,884.99 for material and labor required for road improvements to F.E. Wright Road.
7. Consideration of a contract with Keystone Construction Company in the amount of $160,473 for improvements to Oman Arena.
8. Consideration of a contract with the Postal Employees Credit Union in the amount of $125,000.00 for the sale of property located on the northeast corner of Institute Street and Martin Luther King Drive.
9. Consideration of accepting Champion Subdivision Phase I and the street located within said subdivision, Winners Circle Drive, as a city street.
10. Consideration of a Right of Way Encroachment Agreement with New Southern Senior Center, L.P.
11. Board Appointments:
Planning Commission – Appointment of William C. Pflaum to replace Seth Zamek, who has resigned.
12. Invoices over $10,000.