I. CALL TO ORDER.
II. INVOCATION AND PLEDGE OF ALLEGIANCE TO FLAG.
(COUNCILMAN MAURICE HAYS)
III. ROLL CALL.
IV. APPROVAL OF MINUTES OF SEPTEMBER 7, 2004 MEETING.
VI. INVITATION FOR PUBLIC COMMENT.
VII. PUBLIC HEARINGS:
1. Consideration of an Ordinance to rezone property located on the north and south sides of Ridgecrest Road Extended, just east of Henderson Road from RS-1 (Single Family Residential) District to B-5 (Highway Business) District, comprising 35.55 acres more or less, submitted by Homer Duncan.
2. Consideration of an Ordinance to Close and Abandon an Unnamed Alley located 149’ East of and Parallel with McCorry Street Running South from West Park Place Avenue.
3. Consideration of an Ordinance to Close and Abandon an Unnamed Alley location Between 132 and 134 McCorry Street.
VIII. SECOND READINGS:
1. Consideration of an Ordinance to rezone property located on the north side of Daugherty Street, just west of Regency Drive from I-2 (Light Industrial) District to RS-1 (Single Family Residential) District, comprising 12.2 acres more or less, submitted by Rev. Leroy Ozier.
2. Consideration of an Ordinance to close and abandon an unnamed alley located south of the east end of Scott Street.
3. Consideration of an Ordinance to close and abandon three unnamed alleys located off McCorry Street.
IX. NEW BUSINESS:
1. Annual Report of Jackson's Community Development Program.
2. Consideration of a contract with H and M Construction Company for design and construction management for the new Public Services Complex.
3. Consideration of a contract in the amount of $2,617,753.00 with DataRadio for the Mobile Data Communications System.
4. Consideration of a contract with Craig’s Firearms for holsters for the Police Department.
5. Consideration of a contract in the amount of $62,276.00 with Fleet Safety for labor and material required for the installation of equipment to outfit the police pursuit vehicles.
6. Consideration of a contract to BT Redi-Mix Company for concrete.
7. Request for Belle Trace Cove, located within Belle Trace Subdivision, and Greendale Drive, located within Wyndchase Subdivision Section VIIA, be accepted as city streets.
8. Consideration of approval of contract Change Order #1 in the amount of -$645.92 to Ford Construction Company for Westover Road Bridge Repairs. The original contract amount is $98,405.60, change order #1 is -$645.92, for a revised contract of $97,770.68.
9. Consideration of Street Right-Of-Way Encroachment Agreement between Jackson Transit Authority and City of Jackson.
10. Consideration of a Certificate of Compliance for Donna Frankland, d/b/a Royal Liquors.
11. Board Appointments:
· Jackson City Beautiful Reappointment of Bruce Dorris, Holly McCorkle, Sandy MacDiarmid, Betty Wilson, Randi Ezelle and Don Mitchell.
· Recreation and Parks Reappointment of Jim Freeman.
· Board of Zoning Appeals Appointment to replace Mary Lloyd Lynn Murphey, who has moved.
12. Invoices over $10,000.