CITY COUNCIL MEETING
DECEMBER 7, 2004 – 9:00 A.M.
GEORGE A. SMITH MEETING ROOM
I. CALL TO ORDER.
II. INVOCATION AND PLEDGE OF ALLEGIANCE TO FLAG.
(COUNCILMAN ERNEST BROOKS, II)
III. ROLL CALL.
IV. APPROVAL OF MINUTES OF NOVEMBER 2, 2004 MEETING.
VI. INVITATION FOR PUBLIC COMMENT.
VII. PUBLIC HEARINGS:
1. Consideration of an Ordinance to Close and Abandon an Unnamed Alley located behind 575 and 585 South Royal Street.
2. Consideration of an Ordinance to Close and Abandon a portion of Spencer Alley located between Lafayette and College Streets.
VIII. SECOND READINGS:
1. Consideration of an Ordinance to Close and Abandon an East/West Unnamed Alley bounded by College, Lindsey, Lafayette and McRee Streets.
IX. NEW BUSINESS:
1. Consideration of a request to sell a 150’ x 150’ lot on the northeast corner of Dr. Martin Luther King Drive and Institute Street for the sum of $125,000 to the Postal Employees Credit Union.
2. Consideration of a grant application for Child and Adult Care Food Program (CACFP) to provide funding for after school program snacks at the Westwood and Weed-n-Seed sites.
3. Consideration of a request to donate two surplus fire trucks (1974 Ford and 1978 Ford) to the Chester County Fire Department.
4. Consideration of a Resolution authorizing the sale of a 1959 Seagrave fire truck to the Jackson Firefighters Association.
5. Approval of a Consent Decree and Partial Settlement in a lawsuit filed against the City of Jackson by Randy Oliver and James Futurell.
6. Consideration of a contract with Tix, Inc. to become the city’s online ticketing agent.
7. Approval of surplus auction to be held on December 11, 2004.
8. Consideration of an agreement between the City of Jackson and the National Association of Intercollegiate Athletics (“NAIA”) for the 2006 and 2007 championship games.
9. Consideration of acceptance of Shepherds Field Subdivision Sections I & II and the following streets located within said subdivision as city streets: section of Abraham Street, Jacob Street, and section of King David Street.
10. Consideration of acceptance of Shepherds Field Subdivision Sections III & IV and the following streets located within said subdivision as city streets: section of Abraham Street, Isaac Street, and section of King David Street.
11. Consideration of Change Order #1 in the amount of $3,680 for additional services related to public meetings for project known as Royal Street Improvements. (original contract - not to exceed $77,300; change order #1; $3,680; revised contract - not to exceed $80,980.
12. Consideration of budget amendments.
13. Board Appointments:
Board of Zoning Appeals – Appointment of Phillip Jones to replace Mary Lloyd Lynn Murphy, who has resigned.
Downtown Revenue Finance – Reappointment of Nell Huntspon and Seth Chandler.
14. Invoices over $10,000.