I. CALL TO ORDER.
II. INVOCATION AND PLEDGE OF ALLEGIANCE TO FLAG.
(COUNCILMAN DAVID CISCO)
III. ROLL CALL.
IV. APPROVAL OF MINUTES OF AUGUST 3, 2004 AND AUGUST 10, 2004 MEETINGS.
VI. INVITATION FOR PUBLIC COMMENT.
VII. PUBLIC HEARINGS:
1. Consideration of an Ordinance to rezone property located on the north side of Daugherty Street, just west of Regency Drive from I-2 (Light Industrial) District to RS-1 (Single Family Residential) District, comprising 12.2 acres more or less, submitted by Rev. Leroy Ozier.
2. Consideration of an Ordinance to close and abandon an unnamed alley located south of the east end of Scott Street.
3. Consideration of an Ordinance to close and abandon three unnamed alleys located off McCorry Street.
VIII. SECOND READINGS:
1. Consideration of an Ordinance to rezone property located on the north side of Campbell Street, just north of Ridgecrest Road from A-O (Agriculture-Open land) District to SC-1 (Planned Unit Commercial Development) District, comprising 6.6 acres more or less, submitted by Larry Butler on behalf of RMR Investment Company, LLC.
2. Public hearing regarding consideration of an Ordinance to Amend Portions of Title 8, Chapter 1, relating to “Intoxicating Liquors.”
IX. NEW BUSINESS:
1. Consideration of a Resolution approving the acquisition of property located at 550 Old Hickory Blvd. and financial participation by the Jackson Housing Authority.
2. Consideration of contracts with Fire Fox/HME in the amount of $262,754 for one demonstrator pumper and $581,730 for one new 100’ platform truck.
3. Consideration of a contract in the amount of $795,078.36 with Ford Construction Company for Summar Drive Improvements.
4. Consideration of a contract in the amount of $266,533 with TML Risk Management Pool for property and crime coverage.
5. Consideration of a contract in the amount of $402,390 with TML Risk Management Pool for liability coverage.
6. Consideration of Change Order #1 in the amount of $9,290.03 from Ford Construction Company on the project known as State Street Bridge Reconstruction. The increase in the contract is due to additional excavation and installation of a sheet pile wall to keep the street from caving in during bridge reconstruction and a water filtration process pursuant to State Stormwater compliance requirements.
7. Consideration of acceptance of streets located in Walnut Trace North Sections X & XI as city streets. These streets include Walnut Creek, Heartstone Cove and Fawn Ridge Drive.
8. Consideration of engineering services proposal with Neel Schaffer, Inc. for signal design of Channing Way at Stonebridge Blvd. in an amount not to exceed $12,800.
9. Consideration of a Certificate of Compliance for Artie Jones, d/b/a Mid-Town Wine Shop & Spirits.
10. Consideration of Certificates of Compliance for Michael V. Smith and Jerry Lester Key, Sr., d/b/a Eastgate of Jackson, LLC.
11. Invoices over $10,000.