Council Meeting Agenda
AGENDA - AUGUST CITY COUNCIL MEETING
August 3, 2004 - 9:00 A.M.
GEORGE A. SMITH MEETING ROOM
I. CALL TO ORDER.
II. INVOCATION AND PLEDGE OF ALLEGIANCE TO FLAG.
(COUNCILMAN CHARLES RAHM)
III. ROLL CALL.
IV. APPROVAL OF MINUTES OF JULY 6, 2004 MEETING.
VI. INVITATION FOR PUBLIC COMMENT.
VII. PUBLIC HEARINGS:
- Consideration of an Ordinance to rezone property located on the north side of Campbell Street, just north of Ridgecrest Road from A-O (Agriculture-Open land) District to SC-1 (Planned Unit Commercial Development) District, comprising 6.6 acres more or less, submitted by Larry Butler on behalf of RMR Investment Company, LLC.
- Consideration of an Ordinance to Amend Portions of Title 8, Chapter 1, relating to “Intoxicating Liquors.”
VIII. SECOND READINGS:
- Consideration of an Ordinance to annex and an Ordinance to zone an area referred to as the “Birmingham Annexation Area,” located on the east side of Old Medina Road, just north of Interstate 40, comprising 5.02 acres more or less. The proposed zoning for the area is SC-1 (Planned Unit Commercial Development) District.
- Consideration of an Ordinance to rezone property located on the north side of Interstate 40, just east of Old Medina Road from A-O/FH (Agriculture-Open land/Special Flood Hazard) District to SC-1/FH (Planned Unit Commercial Development/Special Flood Hazard) District, comprising 25.3 acres more or less.
- Consideration of an Ordinance to rezone property located at 1651 Hollywood Drive from RG-2 (General Residential) District to O-C/B-5 (Office-Center/Highway Business) District, comprising 16.8 acres more or less, submitted by Jim Akin.
IX. NEW BUSINESS:
- Consideration of Resolutions authorizing amendments to the repayment schedules of loan agreements in the amount of $6,000,000, $10,000,000 and $23,595,000 with the Tennessee Municipal Bond Fund.
- Consideration of request to write-off $1,080,473.18 in uncollectible fines over 10 years old owed to City Court.
- Consideration of a contract with A-1 Chemical Products for janitorial supplies.
- Consideration of donation of equipment from the Woodworking Shop operated by Cecil Cravens to the Jackson Madison County School System.
- Consideration of Change Order # 1 from DeSoto County Electric, Inc. regarding the Carriage House Drive Signalization Project. (Original contract $147,667.70; change order -$26,644.60; revised contract of $121,023.10.)
- Consideration of Change Order # 1 from Dement Construction Company for additional resurfacing work during FY 03-04. (Original Contract $1,340,130.00, change order $179,432.43 for a revised contract of $1,519,562.43.)
- Consideration of a contract in the amount of $2,300.00 with Fisher and Arnold, Inc. for additional engineering services required for right-of-way staking on the Hollywood Drive Project.
- Consideration of a contract in the amount of $300,000.00 with the State of Tennessee Department of Transportation for Bridge Replacement on Second Street over Anderson Branch. Pursuant to the Federal Bridge Replacement Program, the city’s local share is $60,000.00, representing an 80/20 split.
- Consideration of proposed settlement of lawsuits filed against the City of Jackson Fire Department by Debra Bond and Linda Jines.
- Consideration of Certificate of Compliance for Greg and Angie Heath for liquor store located at 2030 North Highland, known as Old Hickory Package Store.
- Board Appointments:
- Housing Board of Adjustment and Appeals Reappointment of Mary Tyler and Linda Higgins.
- Industrial Development Board Appointment of Andy Culbreath to replace Royal Hickey.
....12. Invoices over $10,000.
A CALLED MEETING OF THE CITY COUNCIL WILL BE HELD ON TUESDAY, AUGUST 10, 2004 AT 9:00 A.M.
THE PURPOSE OF THE MEETING WILL BE TO GIVE AN UPDATE ON REDEVELOPMENT OF EAST JACKSON AND DOWNTOWN, INCLUDING MITIGATION, PROPERTY ACQUISITION ISSUES AND PROPOSED PROJECTS.