Council Meeting Agenda
May 4, 2004 - COUNCIL MEETING - 9:00 A.M.
GEORGE A. SMITH MEETING ROOM
I. CALL TO ORDER.
II. INVOCATION AND PLEDGE OF ALLEGIANCE TO FLAG.
(COUNCILMAN GERRY NEESE)
III. ROLL CALL.
IV. APPROVAL OF MINUTES OF APRIL 6, 2004 MEETING.
VI. INVITATION FOR PUBLIC COMMENT.
VII. PUBLIC HEARINGS:
1. Consideration of an Ordinance to amend the text of the City Zoning Ordinance, Article V, Section 9. B-3 (Central Business District), B. Uses Permitted (17b) relative to conversion of existing buildings into residential units.
2. Consideration of an Ordinance to rezone property located along Oil Well Road, just east of Murray Guard Drive from RG-2/A-O (General Residential/Agriculture-Open land) District to O-C (Office Center) District, comprising 2.12 acres more or less, submitted by Mark Hawks.
3. Consideration of an Ordinance to rezone property located on the north side of University Parkway, just east of Hastings Place from RG-2/O-C (General Residential/Office-Center) District to SC-1 (Planned Unit Commercial Development) District, comprising 4.1 acres more or less, submitted by PRP Partnership.
4. Consideration of an Ordinance to rezone property located on the north side of Old Humboldt Road, across from Hatchmor Drive from RS-1/FF/FW (Single Family Residential/Flood Fringe/Floodway) District to RG-2/FF/FW (General Residential/Flood Fringe/Floodway) District, comprising 32.8 acres more or less, submitted by WeLaCo Corporation.
5. Consideration of an Ordinance to rezone property located at 1028 and 1032 Campbell Street from RG-3 (General Residential) District to B-4 (General Business) District, comprising 0.7 acres more or less.
6. Consideration of an Ordinance to close and abandon a portion of Freeman Street.
7. Consideration of an Ordinance to close and abandon an unnamed alley located between Gates Street and Hays Avenue.
VIII. SECOND READINGS:
1. Consideration of an Ordinance to Annex and an Ordinance to Zone two (2) areas referred to as “Cypress Grove Subarea 1A and Cypress Grove Subarea 1B” located on the south side of U.S. Highway 70 West, just east of Lower Brownsville Road, comprising a total of 32.8 acres more or less.
2. Consideration of an Ordinance to rezone property located along Old Henderson Road, just north of Ridgecrest Road from RS-1/FF/FW (Single Family Residential/Flood Fringe/Floodway) District to RS-1/PRD/FF/FW (Single Family Residential/Planned Residential Development/Flood Fringe/Floodway) District, comprising 57± acres, submitted by Danny Cole.
IX. NEW BUSINESS:
1. Consideration of transfer of property located at 670 Skyline Drive to West Tennessee Healthcare, Inc.
2. Consideration of Resolution approving Community Development’s Annual Action Plan.
3. Consideration of a contract in the amount of $98,405.60 with Ford Construction Company for the Westover Road Bridge replacement.
4. Consideration of a contract with Bubba Johnson Contracting Company for rental equipment.
5. Approval to hold the 18th citywide surplus auction at the Jackson Police Department on Saturday, May 22, 2004.
6. Consideration of a contract with Jimmy Kelly Trucking for $9.88 per ton for #3 limestone.
7. Consideration of a contract with Vulcan Materials for $11.70 per ton for machined rip rap.
8. Consideration of a contract with West Tennessee Coffee Service for coffee service.
9. Consideration of Change Order No. 1 in the amount of $1,395.00 with Keystone Construction Company for replacement of structural girts in the walls and adding a railing around the storage mezzanine.
10. Consideration of a contract with North American Salt for $45.09 per ton for rock salt.
11. Consideration of a contract in the amount of $336,885 with Garrett’s Plumbing and Heating, which includes deduct Change Order No. 1 of $13,095.00, for an HVAC unit at the Police Department.
12. Consideration of a contract in the amount of $50,800 with Arnold Spain, Truett, and Hewitt for auditing services.
13. Consideration of a contract with Wayne Holmes for $15 per package/per player for photography services.
14. Consideration of a contract with Rocal for street name blades.
15. Consideration of a contract with Contech for spiral storm pipe.
16. Consideration of a contract with Contech for corregated metal pipe.
17. Consideration of a contract in the amount of $13,426.44 with Johnsey’s Sporting Goods for socks, caps and tee shirts for the Parks and Recreation t-ball and soccer teams.
18. Consideration of a contract with MaxxGuard for guard services, $8.98 (unarmed) and $14.50 (armed) per hour.
19. Consideration of a contract in the amount $29,736.00 with Burczak Paving Company for walkways and a walking trail at Centennial Park.
20. Consideration of a contract in the amount of $154,313.00 with First Choice Construction for monument and marker repair at Riverside Cemetery.
21. Consideration of a contract in the amount of $769,500.00 with Julian Builders, Inc. for renovations at the Serra Building, Fire Training Division.
22. Consideration of a contract with Burger Barn for the summer food program, $1.38 per breakfast, $ .56 per snack, $ 2.41 per lunch.
23. Consideration of Change Order No. 1 in the amount of $19,680.62 from Ford Construction on the Oil Well Road project. Purpose of change order is to adjust quantities to reflect actual quantities used in construction of this project and to add early completion incentive payment per contract specifications. Allotted contract completion time was 45 days and Ford completed the project in 29 days.
24. Consideration of Street Right-Of-Way Encroachment Agreement between St. Luke’s Episcopal Church and the City of Jackson.
25. Consideration of budget amendments.
26. Board Appointments:
- Planning Commission Reappointment of Lynne Henning and appointment of Valerie Garrett-Cole to replace Jimmie Baylor.
- Historical Zoning Commission Appointment of Jack Wood to replace Steve Baker and Ann Ewing to replace Sallie Werthing.
- Tree Board Reappointment of Virginia Stackens-Crump, David Middlebrooks, Kevin Andrews and Sallie Werthing.
- Keep Jackson Beautiful Commission Appointment of Bob Holeman.
- Small Business Loan Review Reappointment of Pat Carrington, Horace Chase and Nell Huntspon and appointment of Brandon McWherter to replace Nathan Pride and Michael Brooks replace Scott Murphy.
- Industrial Development Board Appointment of Stephen Brooks to fill the unexpired term of Dr. Charlie Roberts.
27. Invoices over $10,000.
AMENDMENT TO COUNCIL AGENDAl
From: Jerry Gist
RE: May 4 Agenda
Please add to the agenda a request for permission to issue a RFP for development of the Westwood Gardens property.