Council Meeting Agenda
APRIL 6, 2004 - COUNCIL MEETING - 9:00 A.M.
GEORGE A. SMITH MEETING ROOM
I. CALL TO ORDER.
II. INVOCATION AND PLEDGE OF ALLEGIANCE TO FLAG.
(COUNCILMAN HARVEY BUCHANAN)
III. ROLL CALL.
IV. APPROVAL OF MINUTES OF MARCH 2, 2004 MEETING.
VI. INVITATION FOR PUBLIC COMMENT.
VII. PUBLIC HEARINGS:
1. Consideration of an Ordinance to rezone property located west of North Highland Avenue across from Parker Drive from RS (Single Family Residential) to B-5 (Highway Business) District, comprising 17.15± acres more or less, submitted by Les Jaco on behalf of Highland Green Investment Company LTD.
2. Consideration of an Ordinance to Annex, a Resolution to adopt a Plan of Service, and an Ordinance to Zone two (2) areas referred to as "Cypress Grove Subarea 1A and Cypress Grove Subarea 1B" located on the south side of U.S. Highway 70 West, just east of Lower Brownsville Road, comprising a total of 32.8 acres more or less.
3. Consideration of an Ordinance to rezone property located along Old Henderson Road, just north of Ridgecrest Road from RS-1/FF/FW (Single Family Residential/Flood Fringe/Floodway) District to RS-1/PRD/FF/FW (Single Family Residential/Planned Residential Development/Flood Fringe/Floodway) District, comprising 57± acres, submitted by Danny Cole.
VIII. SECOND READINGS:
1. Consideration of an Ordinance to Annex and an Ordinance to Zone an area referred to as "Northpointe Extension", located at the west end of the existing Northpointe Subdivision, comprising 10.982 acres more or less.
2. Consideration of an Ordinance to zone property located on the north side of Whitehall Street, just east of Dr. F.E. Wright Drive from A-O/I-2 (Agriculture-Open land/Light Industrial) District to B-5 (Highway Business) District, comprising 13.8 acres more or less.
3. Consideration of an Ordinance to Amend the City Code Relative to Tree Trimmer Requirements.
4. Consideration of an Ordinance to Amend the City Code Relative to Abandoned/Unsafe Structure Board-Up Procedures.
5. Consideration of an Ordinance to Amend the City Code Relative to Passenger Vehicle for Hire Services.
IX. NEW BUSINESS:
1. Consideration of a Resolution Authorizing 2nd Amendment to the Charter of the Jackson Downtown Revenue Finance Corporation.
2. Consideration of a contract in an amount not to exceed $79,700 with Neel-Schaffer for professional design services for improvements to Summar Drive, with said costs for the project to be reimbursed by Jackson Madison County General Hospital.
3. Consideration of a contract with Ticket Sage for online ticketing service.
4. Consideration of amendments to the city's on-the-job injury policy and procedures.
5. Consideration of amendments to the Recreation and Parks Board Bylaws.
6. Consideration of budget amendments.
7. Discussion regarding increasing the number of liquor licenses that can be issued in the City of Jackson.
8. Board Appointments:
- Jackson Transit Authority Appointment of Rev. Lovell Hayes to replace David Horton.
- Jackson Energy Authority Appointment of Robert F. Campbell to replace Lloyd McKelvey, with said term to be April 6, 2004 to June 30, 2009.
- Code Advisory/Appeals Appointment of Bart Walls to replace Earl Thompson and reappointment of Wayne Ada, Clay Browning and Hampton Williams.
9. Invoices over $10,000.