Council Meeting Agenda
FEBRUARY 3, 2004 - COUNCIL MEETING 9:00 A.M.
GEORGE A. SMITH MEETING ROOM
I. CALL TO ORDER.
II. INVOCATION AND PLEDGE OF ALLEGIANCE TO FLAG.
(COUNCILMAN JOHNNY DODD)
III. ROLL CALL.
IV. APPROVAL OF MINUTES OF JANUARY 6, 2004 MEETING.
VI. INVITATION FOR PUBLIC COMMENT.
VII. PUBLIC HEARINGS:
1. Consideration of an Ordinance to rezone property located west of North Highland Avenue across from Parker Drive from RS (Single Family Residential) to B-5 (Highway Business) District, comprising 14.75 acres more or less, submitted by Les Jaco on behalf of Highland Green Investment Company LTD.
2. Consideration of an Ordinance to close and abandon Still Street and unnamed alley adjoining Still Street.
3. Consideration of an Ordinance to amend Title 17 of the City Code regarding charges for garbage collection.
VIII. SECOND READING:
1. Consideration of Ordinances to close the following unnamed alleys:
- Between N. Massachusetts and N. Missouri Streets;
- Between Hamilton Street and Hamilton Drive;
- Between Dr. MLK Drive, Jr. and Shelby Street;
- Between Madison and Second Streets; and
- Between E. Grand and Otis Streets.
IX. NEW BUSINESS:
1. Proposed appointment of Alan L. Laffoon to position of City Recorder.
2. Request to approve the Redevelopment Plan for the East Jackson and Downtown Core Urban Areas.
3. Request from Jackson Downtown Development Corporation to change the boundaries of the Revenue Finance Corporation.
4. Request for authority to acquire property located at 203 East Main Street, known as the Fox Building, by eminent domain, if necessary
5. Consideration of a contract in the amount of $31,330.00 with Watson Roofing to replace the tornado damaged roof at Westwood Community Center.
6. Consideration of a contract in the amount of $29,010.96 with Watson Roofing to replace the tornado damaged roof at the Groundskeeping Department.
7. Consideration of a contract in the amount of $7,600.00 with Sun Printing for printing the programs for the NAIA games.
8. Consideration of a contract in the amount of $328,000.00 with Keystone Construction Company to perform tornado damage repairs at the Fairgrounds.
9. Consideration of a contract in the amount of $43,070.00 with W.S. Roofing to replace the tornado damaged roof at Carnegie.
10. Consideration of acceptance of streets within the following subdivisions: Rooker Bend Subdivision, Sections I, III, IV; Commerce Center; Park Development; Premier Park Subdivision Section I; Raleigh Place Section II; Wendham Business Center Section II; and Windsor Woods Subdivision
11. Consideration of fee estimate not to exceed $8,000.00 from Neel-Schaffer, Inc. for engineering services associated with the preparation of construction plans and specifications for installation of a traffic signal at the intersection of Carriage House Drive and Wiley Parker Road.
12. Consideration of fee estimate not to exceed $77,300.00 from Neel-Schafffer Inc. for engineering services associated with the preparation of plans for improvements to Royal Street between Chester and Lexington Streets.
13. Request from Bardo Brantley to change Kenyotta Street to Lewis T. Brantley Drive.
14. Reappointment of Leigh Allison O’Neill and Robert Rowan to serve on the Environmental Advisory/Appeal Boards for a period of four years.
15. Invoices over $10,000.