Council Meeting Agenda
SEPTEMBER CITY COUNCIL MEETING
SEPTEMBER 2, 2003 - 9:00 A.M.
GEORGE A. SMITH MEETING ROOM
I. CALL TO ORDER.
II. INVOCATION AND PLEDGE OF ALLEGIANCE TO FLAG.
(COUNCILMAN CHARLES "PEPPER" BRAY)
III. ROLL CALL.
IV. APPROVAL OF MINUTES OF AUGUST 5, AUGUST 21, AUGUST 28, 2003 MEETINGS.
VI. INVITATION FOR PUBLIC COMMENT.
VII. PUBLIC HEARINGS:
1. Consideration of an Ordinance to rezone property located north of Interstate 40 and west of SR.20 (Hollywood Drive) from B-5/SC-1/FF (Highway Business/Planned Unit Commercial Development/Flood Fringe) District to I-O/FF (Wholesale and Warehousing/Flood Fringe) District, comprising 12.6 acres more or less, submitted by Ed Whalley.
2. Consideration of an Ordinance to rezone property located at 224 West Deaderick Street from RG-1/HCC (General Residential/Historic Cultural-Conservation) District to RG-1/HC (General Residential/Historic Cultural) District, comprising 0.4 acres more or less, submitted by Roger Markin.
3. Consideration of an Ordinance to establish an occupational safety and health program, devise rules and regulations and to provide for a director and the implementation of such program.
VIII. SECOND READING:
1. Request to approve an Ordinance to Amend Chapter 5, Section 14-504 of the Official Code of The City of Jackson entitled, "Erosion and Stormwater Control".
2. Consideration of the Tax Rate Ordinance.
3. Consideration of the Budget Ordinance.
IX. NEW BUSINESS:
1. Consideration of Final Resolution authorizing borrowing through the Tennessee Municipal Bond Fund.
2. Consideration of Resolutions approving grants and donations for non-profit organizations.
3. Consideration of Resolution authorizing the issuance of Hospital Revenue Bonds.
4. Consideration of request to write-off uncollectible fines owed to City Court.
5. Consideration of Resolution authorizing the Mayor and/or his designees to enter into option agreements for the acquisition of property for development in the recovery areas pursuant to the recommendations of the Urban Land Institute's Advisory Panel.
6. Approval of recommendations for Recovery Task Force members.
7. Board Appointments:
- Keep Jackson Beautiful Commission - appointment of Norma Bundy to fill the expired term of Sandy Brown; appointment of David Sams to fill the unexpired term of Donnavae Hughes; appointment of Terry Wright to fill the unexpired term of Kelly O'Brien and reappointment of Mike Tyson.
- Planning Commission - Reappointment of Randy Wallace.
8. Invoices over $10,000.
THE AGENDA REVIEW MEETING WILL BE ON THURSDAY, AUGUST 28, 2003, IMMEDIATELY FOLLOWING THE CALLED BUDGET HEARING.