Council Meeting Agenda
AGENDA - August 5, 2003, City Council Meeting - 9:00 A.M.
GEORGE A. SMITH MEETING ROOM
I. CALL TO ORDER.
II. INVOCATION AND PLEDGE OF ALLEGIANCE TO FLAG.
(COUNCILMAN GERRY NEESE)
III. ROLL CALL.
IV. APPROVAL OF MINUTES OF JULY 1, 2003 MEETING.
VI. INVITATION FOR PUBLIC COMMENT.
VII. PUBLIC HEARINGS:
1. Request to approve an Ordinance to Amend Chapter 5, Section 14-504 of the Official Code of The City of Jackson entitled, "Erosion and Stormwater Control".
VIII. SECOND READING:
IX. NEW BUSINESS:
1. Request to approve a Resolution to enter into a swap agreement with the Tennessee Municipal Bond Fund.
2. Request to approve a contract with National Association of Intercollegiate Athletics (NAIA) for 2004 and 2005.
3. Request to approve a Labor Agreement between Jackson Transit Authority and the Amalgamated Transit Union Local 1285.
4. Request to approve a contract with A-Z Office Resources for the purchase of laser printer paper $30.00 per case.
5. Request to approve a contract with First Bank for the city's banking services.
6. Request to approve a contract with Health Partners for the city's health insurance.
7. Request to extend the Waste Management contract through July 31, 2006.
8. Request to accept construction contract #2003230 with the State of Tennessee for Repair of Bridge over Branch (LM 0.08) on Dr. Martin Luther King Drive in the amount of $375,000.00, an 80/20 split with City's cost being $75,000.00.
9. Request to accept proposal from TLM Associates in the amount of $9,500.00 for engineering services for Bridge Replacement on State Street over Tributary to South Forked Deer River (approximately 300' south of Highway 45 Bypass).
10. Request to approve proposal from TLM Associates for engineering services for Bridge Repair on Westover Road.
11. Request to approve streets constructed within Raleigh Place Phase II & III (Stone Oak Cove, Thackery Place, Brookstone Place, Carters Grove, Abbey Place).
12. Board Appointments:
- Board of Zoning Appeals - Reappointment of Pam Fleming.
- Jackson Madison County Library Board - Appointment of Gary C. Kerr to replace Amanda Allen, whose term has expired.
13. Invoices over $10,000.
THE AGENDA REVIEW MEETING WAS THURSDAY, JULY 31, 2003 AT 5:00 P.M. IN THE COUNCIL CONFERENCE ROOM, 1ST FLOOR, CITY HALL.