Council Meeting Agenda
AGENDA - May 14, 2003 - 9:00 A.M.
GEORGE A. SMITH MEETING ROOM
I. CALL TO ORDER.
II. INVOCATION AND PLEDGE OF ALLEGIANCE TO FLAG.
(COUNCILMAN JOHNNY DODD)
III. ROLL CALL.
IV. APPROVAL OF MINUTES OF APRIL 1, 2003 MEETING.
VI. INVITATION FOR PUBLIC COMMENT.
VII. PUBLIC HEARINGS:
1. Consideration of an Ordinance to rezone property located at the northwest corner of the intersection of West Forest Avenue and Tucker Street from RG-2 (General Residential) District to O-R (Office-Residential) District, comprising 0.27 acres more or less, submitted by Jon Townsend.
VIII. SECOND READING:
1. Consideration of an Ordinance to rezone property located on the north side of North Parkway, west of Highway 70 East across from Jackson State Community College, from A-1 (Agricultural-Open Land) District to SC-1 (Planned Unit Commercial Development) District, comprising 0.331± acres, staff initiated.
2. Consideration of an Ordinance to annex and an Ordinance to zone an annexation area referred to as "Sykes," located on the north side of North Parkway, west of Highway 70 East across from Jackson State Community College, comprising 8.946 acres more or less. The proposed zoning for the area is O-R (Office-Residential) District and SC-1 (Planned Unit Commercial Development) District.
3. Consideration of an Ordinance to Close and Abandon Taylor Alley.
4. Consideration of an Ordinance to Close and Abandon an unnamed alley between Church and Cumberland Streets.
IX. NEW BUSINESS:
1. Consideration of a Contract for Sale of Real Property between the City of Jackson and West Tennessee Healthcare, Inc. for the sale of 1.07 acres at the east of Medical Center Drive for the sum of $175,000.
2. Consideration of a Resolution Approving the Annual Action Plan (2003-2004) of Community Development.
3. Consideration of contract form for the City of Jackson/Union University Outdoor Sculpture Competition and Exhibition.
4. Confirmation of County Commission's action to donate a vacant lot located at 652 North Royal to the Jackson Neighborhood Alliance.
5. Consideration of a request to write off outstanding checks/returned checks, Community Development loans and Street Department accounts receivables.
6. Consideration of a Lease Agreement with Fleet Capital Leasing for Gateway computers.
7. Approval to hold a surplus auction on May 10, 2003 at the Jackson Police Department.
8. Consideration of a contract with Four Seasons Nursery for the purchase of various plants and trees.
9. Consideration of a contract with Burger Barn for the summer food program.
10. Consideration of a contract with Aeneas Internet and Telephone for long distance service.
11. Consideration of a contract with Teague Transports for limestone.
12. Consideration of a contract with Spotless Cleaning Service for parking lot cleaning.
13. Consideration of a contract in the amount of $189,460.77 with Ford Construction Company for the McClellan Road project, with the original bid amount being $275,622.07 with a negative change order of $86,161.30.
14. Consideration of transfer of Lion's Community Center to the City of Jackson.
15. Board Appointments:
- Code Advisory/Appeals Board - Reappointment of Hal Crocker, Wendy Braxter, Ron Smith, Jimmy Anderson and Gary Taylor.
- Zoning Appeals - Reappointment of Max Hart and Roy Chandler, Jr.
- Jackson Transit Authority - Appointment of Duane Cherry to replace Dr. Ernest Brooks.
- Historic Zoning Commission - Reappointment of Charlie Mueller and Sue Templeton.
- West Tennessee Healthcare - Reappointment of Sammie Arnold.
- Planning Commission - Doug Teague to replace James Tyson, whose term has expired.
16. Invoices over $10,000.
THE AGENDA REVIEW MEETING WILL BE ON THURSDAY, MAY 1, 2003 AT 5:00 P.M. IN THE COUNCIL CONFERENCE ROOM, 1ST FLOOR, CITY HALL.