Council Meeting Agenda
AGENDA - September 3, 2002 - 9:00 A.M.
GEORGE A. SMITH MEETING ROOM
I. CALL TO ORDER.
II. INVOCATION AND PLEDGE OF ALLEGIANCE TO FLAG.
(COUNCILMAN JESSIE JACOX)
III. ROLL CALL.
IV. APPROVAL OF MINUTES OF AUGUST 6, 2002 MEETING.
VI. INVITATION FOR PUBLIC COMMENT.
VII. PUBLIC HEARINGS.
1. Consideration of an ordinance to rezone 7.2
VIII. SECOND READINGS.
1. Consideration of an Ordinance to rezone 14.59± acres, located on the east side of Pleasant Plains Road, just north of Plainsfield Place, from RS (Single Family Residential) District to RS-1 (Single Family Residential) District, in conjunction with a larger area recommended by the staff, comprising a total acreage of 17.8
2. Consideration of an Ordinance to rezone 1.532± acres, located on the south side of Vann Drive, just east of Innsdale Cove, from RG-1 (General Residential) District to SC-1 (Planned Unit Commercial Development) District, in conjunction with a larger area recommended by the staff, comprising a total of 15.2
3. Consideration an Ordinance to amend the text of the City Zoning Ordinance, Article VI, Section 23 relative to landscape provisions.
4. Consideration of an Ordinance authorizing the issuance of franchises for the operation of fiber optic and other communications.
5. Consideration of an Ordinance to close and abandon right-of-way of a street known as Depot Street, at the request of adjoining property owner.
IX. NEW BUSINESS:
1. Proposed budget amendment for purchase of 20 cars to replace 20 police cars.
2. Acceptance of bid from Serra Chevrolet for 20 police cars.
3. Consideration of a contract with GE Supply for the purchase of light bulbs and ballasts.
4. Approval to hold a city auction on September 14, 2002.
5. Consideration of a contract for the re-roofing of Oman Arena.
6. Consideration of a contract in the amount of $21,500 with Hart Freeland Roberts for Centennial Park improvements.
7. Board Appointments:
- Jackson Madison County Library Board Appointment of Ed Henderson to replace Cheryl Cunningham, who has resigned.
- Housing Board of Adjustments and Appeals Reappointment of Maxine Carroll and appointment of Leon Cottner to replace Jerry Crenshaw, whose term has expired.
- Keep Jackson Beautiful Reappointment of Bob Ellis, Carol Dix, Martha Coleman and Sarah Graham.
- Health, Education and Housing Board Appointments of Joyce Corley to replace Jere Holmes and Larry Jones to replace Clarence Boone, whose terms have expired.
- Community Economic Development Commission Appointment of Jimmy Exum to replace De Rust who has resigned to become the director of the Jackson Madison County Convention & Visitors Bureau.
s over $10,000.
THE AGENDA REVIEW MEETING WILL BE ON THURSDAY, September 3, 2002 AT 5:00 P.M. IN THE COUNCIL CONFERENCE ROOM, 1ST FLOOR, CITY HALL.