Council Meeting Agenda
AGENDA - July 2, 2002 - 9:00 A.M.
GEORGE A. SMITH MEETING ROOM
THE AGENDA REVIEW MEETING WILL BE ON THURSDAY, June 27, 2002, AT 5:00 P.M. IN THE COUNCIL CONFERENCE ROOM, 1ST FLOOR, CITY HALL.
I. CALL TO ORDER.
II. INVOCATION AND PLEDGE OF ALLEGIANCE TO FLAG.
(COUNCILMAN MAURICE HAYS)
III. ROLL CALL.
IV. APPROVAL OF MINUTES OF JUNE 4, 2002 AND JUNE 20, 2002 MEETINGS.
VI. INVITATION FOR PUBLIC COMMENT.
VII. PUBLIC HEARINGS.
1. Consideration of an ordinance to rezone property located on the west side of Lisa Lane at its intersection with Radio Road from RS-1 (Single Family Residential) District to O-C (Office Center) District, comprising 2.5
2. Consideration of an ordinance to rezone a portion of a lot located on the west side of Old Humboldt Road just south of its intersection with Moize Cut-Off Road from B-2 (Neighborhood Business) District to RG-2 (General Residential) District, comprising 0.272
3. Consideration of an ordinance to rezone property located on the east side of Old Hickory Boulevard East, just east of its intersection with North Highland Avenue, from B-1 (Medical and Related Services) District to SC-1 (Planned Unit Commercial Development) District, comprising 4.51
4. Consideration of an ordinance to amend to the text of the City Zoning Ordinance relative to front yard requirements in the RG-1, RG-2 and RG-3 (General Residential) Districts.
VIII. SECOND READINGS.
1. Consideration of proposed Tax Rate Ordinance and Budget Ordinance.
IX. NEW BUSINESS:
1. Consideration of Resolution declaring the intent of the City of Jackson to reimburse itself for certain expenditures relating to various public works projects with the proceeds of tax-exempt debt obligations to be issued by the City of Jackson.
2. Election of Vice Mayor.
3. Election of Treasurer.
4. Consideration of Resolutions regarding grants and donations.
5. Consideration of a Resolution approving the assignment of certain state revolving fund loan agreements of the City of Jackson to the Jackson Energy Authority.
6. Request of Jackson Transit Authority for approval of a Management Agreement with First Transit, Inc.
7. Consideration of Declaration of Conditions, Restrictive Covenants and Reservations upon the Tiger Jones Technology Park.
8. Consideration of a Resolution in support of TEA-21 grant for Liberty Garden.
9. Consideration of a contract in the amount of $502,590 with Rose Integrated Services for Phase 2 of the construction of a landfill cell. (Phase 1 was awarded in April, 2002, making the total contract price for both phases $998,480.
10. Consideration of Certificates of Compliance for:
- David W. Shirley, d/b/a Metro Wine & Spirits;
- Thomas A. Highfill, d/b/a Big Al's Package Store; and
- Bob Frankland, d/b/a The Barrell.
11. Board Appointments:
- Utility Commissioners Reappointment of Harbert Alexander.
- Jackson Madison County Library Reappointment of Janet Epps and Marilyn Kemp.
- Beer Permit Appointment of Pepper Bray to replace Kenny Holt, whose term has expired.
- Planning Commission Appointment of David Cisco to replace Johnny Dodd.
12. Invoices over $10,000.
THE AGENDA REVIEW MEETING WILL BE ON THURSDAY, JUNE 27, 2002 AT 5:00 P.M. IN THE COUNCIL CONFERENCE ROOM, 1ST FLOOR, CITY HALL.