Council Meeting Agenda
AGENDA - May 7, 2002 - 9:00 A.M.
GEORGE A. SMITH MEETING ROOM
I. CALL TO ORDER.
II. INVOCATION AND PLEDGE OF ALLEGIANCE TO FLAG.
(COUNCILMAN JAMES E. WOLFE, JR.)
III. ROLL CALL.
IV. APPROVAL OF MINUTES OF APRIL 2, 2002 MEETING.
VI. INVITATION FOR PUBLIC COMMENT.
VII. PUBLIC HEARINGS:
1. Consideration of an Ordinance to close and abandon an unnamed alley between Meadow Street and 45 Bypass.
VIII. SECOND READINGS:
1. Consideration of an Ordinance to annex and an Ordinance to zone an annexation area referred to as "Barker Elementary School," located on the south side of Ashport Road, just north and west of Northmeade Woods Subdivision, comprising 14.96 acres more or less. The proposed zoning for the area is RS-1 (Single Family Residential) District.
2. Consideration of an Ordinance to annex and an Ordinance to zone an annexation area referred to as "Trinity Christian School," located on the east side of Windy City Road at its intersection with Old Bells Road and Bascom Road, comprising 81 acres more or less. The proposed zoning for the area is RS (Single Family Residential) District.
3. Consideration of an Ordinance Levying Local Litigation Tax.
IX. NEW BUSINESS:
1. Consideration of request of West Tennessee Healthcare to acquire Jackson Madison County Health Department building.
2. Purchase of the Chamber of Commerce Building.
3. Ratification of private act to permit issuance of general obligation bonds for Jackson Energy Authority to finance cable television, telecom and other businesses.
4. Consideration of a Resolution Approving the Annual Action Plan (2002-2003) of Community Development.
5. Consideration of a Resolution to remove residency requirement for City employees.
6. Consideration of proposed State Route Maintenance Contract in the amount of $170,899.08 between the State of Tennessee Department of Transportation and the City of Jackson for FY 2002-2003. There is no change from previous FY 01-02 contract.
7. Consideration of proposed State Route Mowing and Litter Removal Contract in the amount of $35,775.00 between the State of Tennessee Department of Transportation and the City of Jackson for FY 2002-2003. The mowing rate for FY 02-03 was increased from $30.00 to $45.00 which increased the contract by $5,292.60.
8. Consideration of Change in Contract, Addendum II, with Ford Construction Company for the Downtown Sidewalk Replacement Program to reflect payment of retainage, an increase of $5,837.41, for a total contract price of $138,018.06.
9. Consideration of contract with Arnold, Spain & Company for financial audit for fiscal year ending June 30, 2002.
10. Consideration of request to hold a citywide auction on June 1, 2002.
11. Consideration of approval of the following contracts:
- Corporate Express for copier paper.
- Boise Cascade laser paper.
- Ford Construction for the installation of a box culvert on Chester Levee Road.
- Homestead Pest Control for pest control services.
- Johnsey's Sporting Goods for shirts, socks and caps for various seasonal sports.
- Burger Barn for summer food program.
- Envirogreen, Inc. for erosion control services.
- Bubba Johnson Contracting, Inc. for sifted and screened top soil.
- Bubba Johnson Contracting, Inc. for fill dirt and fill sand.
- Workman Materials for chert.
- Rose Concrete Products, Inc. for reinforced concrete pipe and to Contech Construction for corrugated metal pipe.
- ADS, Inc. for polyethylene pipe.
- Superior Seed and Supply for bermuda, fescue and rye seed.
- Command Uniforms for trousers for the Fire Department.
12. Consideration of proposed budget amendments.
13. Board Appointment:
- City Tree Board Reappointment of Kevin Andrews.
- Code Advisory/Appeals Board Appointment of Wayne Lott and reappointment of Darryl Samuels and Frank Wagster.
- Civil Service Commission Appointment of James Orman to replace Peggy Huffman, whose term has expired.
14. Invoices over $10,000.
THE AGENDA REVIEW MEETING WILL BE ON THURSDAY, May 2, 2002 AT 5:00 P.M. IN THE COUNCIL CONFERENCE ROOM, 1ST FLOOR, CITY HALL.