Council Meeting Agenda
AGENDA - March 5, 2002 - 9:00 A.M.
GEORGE A. SMITH MEETING ROOM
I. CALL TO ORDER.
II. INVOCATION AND PLEDGE OF ALLEGIANCE TO FLAG.
(COUNCILMAN CHARLES "PEPPER" BRAY)
III. ROLL CALL.
IV. APPROVAL OF MINUTES OF FEBRUARY 5, 2002 MEETING.
VI. INVITATION FOR PUBLIC COMMENT.
VII. PUBLIC HEARINGS:
- Consideration of an Ordinance to rezone property located on the west side of Cheyenne Drive between Volunteer Boulevard and East University Parkway, from RG-3 (General Residential) District to SC-1 (Planned Unit Commercial Development) District, comprising 3.48 acres more or less, submitted by Jimmy Harris on behalf of Parkway Partners & Gary Taylor.
- Consideration of an Ordinance to rezone property located at the northeast and southeast corners of the intersection of Bon Air Circle and North Highland Avenue, from RS (Single Family Residential) District to SC-1 (Planned Unit Commercial Development) District, comprising 2.75 acres more or less, submitted by Scotty Lafont.
- Consideration of an amendment to the text of the City Zoning Ordinance, Article VI, Section 14 (D) Parking Design Standards, relative to minimum aisle widths.
- Consideration of an Ordinance to Close and Abandon an unnamed alley located behind 238 & 270 North Highland Avenue
VIII. SECOND READINGS:
- Consideration of an Ordinance to close and abandon the west end of Rosedale Street beginning at property address 154 Rosedale.
IX. NEW BUSINESS:
- Consideration of a contract in the amount of $1,038,000 with Brasfield Construction for renovations to the Carl Perkins Civic Center.
- Board Appointments:
- City Tree Board - Reappointment of Sallie Werthing and David Middlebrooks.
- Municipal Regional Solid Waste - Reappointment of Opal Person, Mary Tyler and Fred Williams.
- Jackson Energy Authority Appointment of Ken Marston to replace Sidney Wilson, who has resigned.
Consideration of budget amendments.
- Invoices over $10,000.
THE AGENDA REVIEW MEETING WILL BE ON THURSDAY, February 28, 2002 AT 5:00 P.M. IN THE COUNCIL CONFERENCE ROOM, 1ST FLOOR, CITY HALL.