Council Meeting Agenda
AGENDA - February 5, 2002 - 9:00 A.M.
GEORGE A. SMITH MEETING ROOM
I. CALL TO ORDER.
II. INVOCATION AND PLEDGE OF ALLEGIANCE TO FLAG.
(COUNCILMAN KENNY HOLT)
III. ROLL CALL.
IV. APPROVAL OF MINUTES OF JANUARY 8, 2002 AND JANUARY 15, 2002 MEETINGS.
VI. INVITATION FOR PUBLIC COMMENT.
VII. PUBLIC HEARINGS:
1. Consideration of an Ordinance to close and abandon the west end of Rosedale Street beginning at property address 154 Rosedale.
VIII. SECOND READINGS:
1. Consideration of an Ordinance to rezone property located at the southeast corner of the intersection of Hollywood Drive and Forest Avenue from RS-1 (Single Family Residential) District to O-R (Office-Residential ) District, comprising 0.34
2. Consideration of an Ordinance to rescind Ordinance No. 2001-069 to close and abandon an unnamed alley between Roland, Westwood, Prospect and Campbell Streets, approved on second reading December 4, 2001, due to the requests of adjoining property owners.
3. Consideration of an Ordinance to close and abandon a certain portion of land between Deaderick and North Highland Avenue.
IX. NEW BUSINESS:
1. Consideration of a proposal to grant a PILOT to Wesley Jackson Highlands.
2. Consideration of request from Cumberland Community Family Center to forgive outstanding property taxes, penalties and/or liens on 564 North Hays, 540/546 Hays, 110 Dupree Street and 121 Taylor Street.
3. Consideration of a Right of Way Encroachment Agreement between City of Jackson and Bull Market Inc. regarding a monitoring well near the intersection of Hollywood and Arlington.
4. Consideration of a contract with TEC Environmental Laboratories to provide environmental services for the City of Jackson Landfill.
5. Consideration of a contract with Cingular Wireless to provide cellular service for the City of Jackson.
6. Consideration of an agreement in the amount of $3,400.00 between the City of Jackson and Barge, Waggoner, Sumner and Cannon, Inc. to provide design services involving the reconstruction of an earth filled dam located at Bent Tree Golf Course.
7. Consideration of Certificate of Compliance for Suzanne J. Raines, d/b/a Arvy's Wine & Liquor.
8. Board Appointments:
- Community Economic Development Corporation Appointment to replace George Oliver Benton.
- Jackson Transit Authority Appointment to replace Greg Milam.
- Civil Service Commission Appointment to replace Pamela Marshall.
9. Consideration of budget amendments.
10. Invoices over $10,000.
THE AGENDA REVIEW MEETING WAS THURSDAY, JANUARY 31, 2002 AT 5:00 P.M. IN THE COUNCIL CONFERENCE ROOM, 1ST FLOOR, CITY HALL.