Council Meeting Agenda
AGENDA - December 3, 2002 - 9:00 A.M.
GEORGE A. SMITH MEETING ROOM
I. CALL TO ORDER.
II. INVOCATION AND PLEDGE OF ALLEGIANCE TO FLAG.
(COUNCILMAN CHARLES "PEPPER" BRAY)
III. ROLL CALL.
IV. APPROVAL OF MINUTES OF NOVEMBER 5, 2002 MEETING.
VI. INVITATION FOR PUBLIC COMMENT.
VII. PUBLIC HEARINGS.
1. Consideration of an Ordinance to rezone property located on the east side of North Highland Avenue just west of Charlesmeade Drive from RG-1 (General Residential) District to RG-2 (General Residential) District, comprising 3.96 acres more or less, submitted by R. Joel McAlexander.
2. Consideration of an Ordinance to rezone property located on the west side of Highway 45 South, just south of Highway 18, from RS-1/B-5/FF (Single Family Residential)/(Highway Business)/(Flood Fringe) Districts to SC-1/FF (Planned Unit Commercial Development)/(Flood Fringe) Districts, comprising 26
VIII. SECOND READING:
1. Consideration of three (3) Ordinances to annex and three (3) Ordinances to zone areas referred to as Piercy Subarea 1; Piercy Subarea 2; and Piercy Subarea 3. These areas are generally located on the west side of Christmasville Road and the north and south sides of Middle School Road, comprising a total of 50.83 acres more or less. The proposed zoning for all three (3) areas is RS-1 (Single Family Residential) District.
IX. NEW BUSINESS:
1. Consideration of request from Community Development to transfer 134 Dupree Street and 335 Lexington to Southwest Human Resources Agency for Homeless Shelter for Families and Children Project.
2. Consideration of a one year contract with TML for commercial property and crime insurance coverage for $100,032 and general liability insurance coverage for $244,601.
3. Consideration of an hourly rate schedule from TLM for work performed at the Landfill.
4. Consideration of a contract with Holt and Haynes Construction for the material and labor required for the concessions additions at North Park.
5. Acceptance of streets located within Rooker Bend Subdivision Sections I, III, and IV. Streets are identified as: Sabastian Drive, Alexis Cove, Johanna Cove, Amanda Cove, Rooker Drive, Burlington Cove, Dynasty, Nickelson Cove, Hulsey Cove, and Monticello Cove.
6. Consideration of a contract with Askew, Hargraves, Harcourt and Associates for engineering services associated with the 2002-2003 TDOT Bridge Grant Program. Bridge to be repaired is located Old Medina Road over Dyer Creek .
7. Consideration of amendment to original contract with Dement Construction Company for continuation of Ridgecrest Road widening project east of Pringles Park to city limits (Watson Road). The original contract is in the amount of $3,714,689.60, with a 10% increase ($371,469.96), for a revised contract amount of $4,086,159.56.
8. Consideration of a contract with Grote Approach for employee evaluation software.
9. Consideration of a proposed lease of space for the police department's gang task force unit.
10. Invoices over $10,000.
THE AGENDA REVIEW MEETING WILL BE ON TUESDAY, November 26, 2002 AT 5:00 P.M. IN THE COUNCIL CONFERENCE ROOM, 1ST FLOOR, CITY HALL.