Council Meeting Agenda
AGENDA - November 5, 2002 - 9:00 A.M.
GEORGE A. SMITH MEETING ROOM
I. CALL TO ORDER.
II. INVOCATION AND PLEDGE OF ALLEGIANCE TO FLAG.
(COUNCILMAN KENNY HOLT)
III. ROLL CALL.
IV. APPROVAL OF MINUTES OF OCTOBER 1, 2002 MEETING.
VI. INVITATION FOR PUBLIC COMMENT.
VII. PUBLIC HEARINGS.
1. Consideration of three (3) Resolutions to adopt Plans of Service, three (3) Ordinances to annex, and three (3) Ordinances to zone areas referred to as Piercy Subarea 1; Piercy Subarea 2; and Piercy Subarea 3. These areas are generally located on the west side of Christmasville Road and the north and south sides of Middle School Road, comprising a total of 50.83 acres more or less. The proposed zoning for all three (3) areas is RS-1 (Single Family Residential) District.
VIII. NEW BUSINESS:
1. Report from John Williams, President of Jackson Energy Authority, about JEA's assumption of liability for about $90M of bonds, removing City of Jackson from liability for same.
2. Consideration of a Resolution Proposed by Council Member David Cisco to Reaffirm City Council's Confidence in Jackson Energy Authority Management and Board.
3. Consideration of an Agreement between the City of Jackson and Madison County, Tennessee Providing for Implementation and Operation of Storm Water Phase II Program in Urbanized Areas of Madison County.
4. Consideration of grant application for Afterschool Snacks for Jackson Recreation and Parks Department.
5. Consideration of a contract with Boise Office Solutions for the purchase of various office supplies.
6. Consideration of a contract with Martin Paving Company for hot mix.
7. Consideration of a contract with Fireline for fire extinguisher maintenance.
8. Consideration of a contract with B I, Inc. for professional services for the Drug Court.
9. Consideration of a contract with Askew Hargraves Harcourt for engineering services for Ridgecrest Road Ext., with the engineering fee being 6% and surveying fee being 2.5% of the construction cost.
10. Consideration of a contract in the amount of $400,000 with Henson Construction Services for construction management for renovations to Pringles Park.
11. Consideration of Change Orders 1, 2, 3, & 4 with Dement Construction Co., for the Ridgecrest Road Project Phase II Contract, with the original contract amount being $3,714,689.60 and the new contract amount being $3,383,283.03, a reduction of $331,406.57.
12. Consideration of Change Orders 1, 2, and 3 with Brasfield Construction Company for the Civic Center Renovations, with the original contract amount being $1,038,000.00 and the new contract being $972,994.93, a reduction of $65,005.07.
13. Consideration of 2002/2003 Rate Schedule for Professional Engineering Services Rendered by Neel-Schaffer, Inc. Rate schedule is reviewed and updated annually if required. Last increase in standard hourly billing rates was in 2000.
14. Request to write off delinquent accounts.
15. Consideration of a budget amendments.
16. Consideration of Certificates of Compliance for Addison Stone and Vernita Stone, d/b/a Hollywood Liquor.
17. Board Appointments:
- Downtown Revenue Finance Corporation Reappointment of Susan Cook, Bill Buckley and Bill Bates for additional six year terms.
- Historical Zoning Commission Appointment of Charles Mueller to replace Dr. John Bonson, who has resigned.
18. Consideration of Council member Kenny Holt's resolution asking for the City Council to call for a referendum on whether to guarantee JEA's proposed bond issue.
19. Invoices over $10,000.
THE AGENDA REVIEW MEETING WILL BE ON THURSDAY, October 31, 2002 AT 5:00 P.M. IN THE COUNCIL CONFERENCE ROOM, 1ST FLOOR, CITY HALL.