Council Meeting Agenda
AGENDA - October 1, 2002 - 9:00 A.M.
GEORGE A. SMITH MEETING ROOM
I. CALL TO ORDER.
II. INVOCATION AND PLEDGE OF ALLEGIANCE TO FLAG.
(COUNCILMAN HARVEY BUCHANAN)
III. ROLL CALL.
IV. APPROVAL OF MINUTES OF SEPTEMBER 3, 2002 MEETING.
VI. INVITATION FOR PUBLIC COMMENT.
VII. SECOND READINGS.
1. Consideration of an ordinance to rezone 7.2+ acres located on the west side of North Highland Avenue, just west of Northside High School, from RG-1 (General Residential) District to O-R (Office Residential) District, in conjunction with a larger area recommended by the staff comprising a total of 10.7 acres more or less, submitted by Ed Miller.
VIII. NEW BUSINESS:
1. Consideration of an Initial Resolution authorizing the Incurrence of Indebtedness and a Resolution to approve execution and delivery of loan agreements. Both resolutions are pursuant to the 2002-2003 budget authorizing borrowing up to $10,000,000 from the Tennessee Municipal League Bond Fund.
2. Consideration of a Joint Resolution between Madison County, Tennessee and the City of Jackson, Tennessee regarding extending Ridgecrest Road to Hwy 70.
3. Consideration of proposed budget amendments.
4. Annual Report of Jackson's Community Development Program.
5. Jackson-Madison County Library board chairman's comments.
6. Board Appointments:
- Jackson-Madison County Airport Authority Board Appointment of Dr. Alex Leech to replace Brenda Powers.
- Jackson Housing Authority Board Appointment of Horace Chase to replace Jimmy England.
7. Invoices over $10,000.
THE AGENDA REVIEW MEETING WILL BE ON THURSDAY, SEPTEMBER 26, 2002 AT 5:00 P.M. IN THE COUNCIL CONFERENCE ROOM, 1ST FLOOR, CITY HALL