Council Meeting Agenda
SEPTEMBER CITY COUNCIL MEETING
AGENDA - September 4, 2001 - 9:00 A.M.
GEORGE A. SMITH MEETING ROOM
I. CALL TO ORDER.
II. INVOCATION AND PLEDGE OF ALLEGIANCE TO FLAG.
(COUNCILMAN DAVID CISCO)
III. ROLL CALL.
IV. APPROVAL OF MINUTES OF AUGUST 7, 2001 MEETING.
VI. INVITATION FOR PUBLIC COMMENT.
VII. PUBLIC HEARINGS:
1. Consideration of an Ordinance to rezone property located east of Whitehall Avenue at the end of Preston Street at 614 Whitehall Street from RG-2/B-2 (General Residential/Neighborhood Business) District to B-4 (General Business) District, comprising 0.3
2. Consideration of an Ordinance to reapportion the nine council districts of the City of Jackson.
3. Consideration of an Ordinance to amend Title 13 of the Official Code of the City of Jackson to allow unpaid charges to be collected in the same time and manner as property taxes with penalty and interest charges.
4. Consideration of an Ordinance to amend Title 2 Chapter 5 of the Official Code of the City of Jackson to allow the Vacant Property Review Commission to acquire property through eminent domain.
VIII. SECOND READINGS:
1. Consideration of an Ordinance to rezone property located along North Highland Avenue, just south of Ramblewood Drive, from O-R (Office Residential) District to O (Office) District, comprising 2.11 acres more or less, submitted by Shane McAlexander.
2. Consideration of two Plans of Service; two Ordinances to annex; and two Ordinances to zone areas referred to as “Station Oaks Subarea 1 and Station Oaks Subarea 2 Annexation Areas”, comprising a total of 41.26
IX. NEW BUSINESS:
1. Presentation of Community Development's Annual Performance Report.
2. Presentation of Jackson Housing Authority's report on Westwood Gardens.
3. Consideration of a Resolution opting out of any extension of hours for sale of alcoholic beverages or beer.
4. Consideration of a contract in the amount of $256,992.00 with TML Risk Management Pool for the City of Jackson's general liability insurance coverage.
5. Consideration of a contract in the amount of $71,003.00 with TML Risk Management Pool for the City of Jackson's commercial property and crime insurance coverage.
6. Consideration of a contract in the amount of $4,795.00 with Data Quest Corporation for Internet Property Tax Collection.
7. Acceptance of streets in Northwynde Subdivision Section IV.
8. Invoices over $10,000.
9. Board Appointments:
- Jackson Housing Authority Reappointment of Mary Weddle.
- Keep Jackson Beautiful Commission Reappointment of Gloria Deviney and appointment of Don Mitchell to replace Barbara Warren.
- Housing Board of Adjustment and Appeals Reappointment of Mary Tyler and appointment of Joe Hamilton.
THE AGENDA REVIEW MEETING WILL BE ON THURSDAY, AUGUST 30, 2001 AT 5:00 P.M. IN THE COUNCIL CONFERENCE ROOM, 1ST FLOOR, CITY HALL.