Council Meeting Agenda
AGENDA - August 7, 2001 - 9:00 A.M.
GEORGE A. SMITH MEETING ROOM
I. CALL TO ORDER.
II. INVOCATION AND PLEDGE OF ALLEGIANCE TO FLAG.
(COUNCILMAN JAMES E. WOLFE, JR.)
III. ROLL CALL.
IV. APPROVAL OF MINUTES OF JULY 3, 2001 MEETING.
VI. INVITATION FOR PUBLIC COMMENT.
VII. PUBLIC HEARINGS:
1. Consideration of an Ordinance to rezone property located along North Highland Avenue, just south of Ramblewood Drive, from O-R (Office Residential) District to O (Office) District, comprising 2.11 acres more or less, submitted by Shane McAlexander.
2. Consideration of two Plans of Service; two Ordinances to annex; and two Ordinances to zone areas referred to as "Station Oaks Subarea 1 and Station Oaks Subarea 2 Annexation Areas", comprising a total of 41.26
VIII. SECOND READINGS:
1. Consideration of an amendment to the text of the City Zoning Ordinance to allow 60% lot coverage in the I-1 (Planned Industrial Park) District, submitted by Bob Cook, Chamber of Commerce.
2. Consideration of an Ordinance to rezone property located east of North Highland Avenue, adjacent to Highland Memorial Gardens, from RS-1 (Single Family Residential) District to B-5 (Highway Business) District, comprising 2 acres more or less, submitted by Metro Self Storage.
3. Consideration of an Ordinance to rezone property located along Ridgecrest Road Extended, on the west side of Dr. F.E. Wright Drive, from A-O (Agriculture and Open Land) District to SC-1 (Planned Unit Commercial Development) District, comprising 29.5 acres more or less, submitted by Peggy Rowlett.
4. Consideration of an Ordinance to rezone property located along the proposed extension of Murray Guard Drive, just east of U.S. Highway 45 Bypass, from A-O/FF/FW (Agricultural-Open Land/Flood Fringe/Floodway) District; RG-2/FF/FW (General Residential/Flood Fringe/ Floodway) District; RG-2/FF (General Residential/Flood Fringe) District; O-C/FF (Office-Center/Flood Fringe) District; RS-1/FF/FW (Single Family Residential/Flood Fringe/Floodway) District to O-C/FF/FW (Office-Center/Flood Fringe/Floodway) District; RG-2/FF/FW (General Residential/Flood Fringe/Floodway) District; SC-1/FF (Planned Unit Commercial Development/Flood Fringe) District, comprising 76.39 acres more or less, submitted by Shadow Creek Properties.
IX. NEW BUSINESS:
1. Consideration of proposed Tax Rate Ordinance and Budget Ordinance.
2. Consideration of change in City Court Clerk's pay.
3. Consideration of a contract in the amount of $199,051.30 with Dement Construction for the resurfacing of city streets.
4. Consideration of a contract in the amount of $92,955.00 with Ford Construction for paving the parking lot at Chester and Baltimore Streets.
5. Consideration of increase in contract with Robert W. Hunt Company for Quality Assurance Services associated with the structural steel railroad bridge fabrication operation on the Ridgecrest Road project, original contract $12,683.20, addendum 1 $10,000, for a revised contract amount of $22,683.20.
6. Invoices over $10,000.
7. Board Appointments
- Industrial Development Board - Appointment to replace James Campbell, III, who has resigned.
- Keep Jackson Beautiful Reappointment of Regina (Crouthers) Ingram, Randi Ezelle and Betty Wilson; appointment of Bruce Dorris to replace Todd Swims; Peggy Esch to replace Mavis Johnson; Sandy MacDiarmid to replace Sandi Wright; and Pam Woods to replace Sarah Coehy.
THE AGENDA REVIEW MEETING WILL BE ON THURSDAY, August 2, 2001, AT 5:00 P.M. IN THE COUNCIL CONFERENCE ROOM, 1ST FLOOR, CITY HALL.