Council Meeting Agenda
AGENDA FOR JULY CITY COUNCIL MEETING
I. CALL TO ORDER.
II. INVOCATION AND PLEDGE OF ALLEGIANCE TO FLAG.
(COUNCILMAN JOHN BANNISTER)
III. ROLL CALL.
IV. APPROVAL OF MINUTES OF JUNE 5, 2001 MEETING.
VI. INVITATION FOR PUBLIC COMMENT.
VII. PUBLIC HEARINGS:
1. Consideration of an amendment to the text of the City Zoning Ordinance to allow 60% lot coverage in the I-1 (Planned Industrial Park) District, submitted by Bob Cook, Chamber of Commerce.
2. Consideration of an Ordinance to rezone property located east of North Highland Avenue, adjacent to Highland Memorial Gardens, from RS-1 (Single Family Residential) District to B-5 (Highway Business) District, comprising 2 acres more or less, submitted by Metro Self Storage.
3. Consideration of an Ordinance to rezone property located along Ridgecrest Road Extended, on the west side of Dr. F.E. Wright Drive, from A-O (Agriculture and Open Land) District to SC-1 (Planned Unit Commercial Development) District, comprising 29.5 acres more or less, submitted by Peggy Rowlett.
4. Consideration of an Ordinance to rezone property located along the proposed extension of Murray Guard Drive, just east of U.S. Highway 45 Bypass, from A-O/FF/FW (Agricultural-Open Land/Flood Fringe/Floodway) District; RG-2/FF/FW (General Residential/Flood Fringe/ Floodway) District; RG-2/FF (General Residential/Flood Fringe) District; O-C/FF (Office-Center/Flood Fringe) District; RS-1/FF/FW (Single Family Residential/Flood Fringe/Floodway) District to O-C/FF/FW (Office-Center/Flood Fringe/Floodway) District; RG-2/FF/FW (General Residential/Flood Fringe/Floodway) District; SC-1/FF (Planned Unit Commercial Development/Flood Fringe) District, comprising 76.39 acres more or less, submitted by Shadow Creek Properties.
VIII. SECOND READINGS:
1. Consideration of an Ordinance to rezone property located on the north side of Herron Grove Road, just east of South Highland Avenue, from RG-2 (General Residential) District to B-5 (Highway Business) District, comprising 5.2
2. Consideration of an Ordinance to annex and an Ordinance to zone an area referred to as "Franzen Annexation Area," comprising 10
3. Consideration of an Ordinance to rename Bendix Drive to "Flex Drive" as requested by Hart and Cooley, Inc.
4. Consideration of an Ordinance to close and abandon an unnamed alley located on the east side of Mt. Olive Cemetery, north of Forest Avenue.
5. Consideration of an Ordinance to change the purchasing limits.
IX. NEW BUSINESS:
1. Consideration of Reimbursement Resolution.
2. Election of Vice Mayor.
3. Consideration of a Resolution authorizing the transfer and conveyance to the Jackson Energy Authority of all utility system assets of the City of Jackson currently operated by Jackson Utility Division and the grant of a franchise to the Jackson Energy Authority.
4. Consideration of lease of woodworking equipment to Cecil Cravens.
5. Consideration of a contract in the amount of $5,900 with WMC Contracting for materials and labor required to provide extruded curb.
6. Consideration of a contract in the amount of $4,335.24 with Vulcan Signs for hi-intensity signs.
7. Request to rescind a contract for the reconstruction of downtown sidewalks with Amanda Construction at the owner's request and request to award the balance of the contract to Ford Construction.
8. Acceptance of streets located in Abner Estates and Foxworth Section X.
9. Consideration of Change Order No. 1 with Dement Construction in the Fall 2000 street resurfacing project to $568,414.47, an increase in the amount of $2,949.37.
10. Invoices over $10,000.
11. Board Appointments:
12. Consideration of approval of the relocation of South Highland Package Store, Inc., owner Mary M. Lindsey, from 1438 South Highland Avenue to 1725-G South Highland Avenue.
13. Consideration of proposed Tax Rate Ordinance and Budget Ordinance.
THE AGENDA REVIEW MEETING WILL BE ON THURSDAY, JUNE 28, 2001 AT 5:00 P.M. IN THE COUNCIL CONFERENCE ROOM, 1ST FLOOR, CITY HALL