Council Meeting Agenda
AGENDA - June 5, 2001 - 9:00 A.M.
GEORGE A. SMITH MEETING ROOM
I. CALL TO ORDER.
II. INVOCATION AND PLEDGE OF ALLEGIANCE TO FLAG.
(COUNCILMAN CHARLES "PEPPER" BRAY)
III. ROLL CALL.
IV. APPROVAL OF MINUTES OF MAY 1, 2001 MEETING.
VI. INVITATION FOR PUBLIC COMMENT.
VII. PUBLIC HEARINGS:
1. Consideration of an Ordinance to rezone property located on the north side of Herron Grove Road, just east of South Highland Avenue, from RG-2 (General Residential) District to B-5 (Highway Business) District, comprising 5.2
2. Consideration of a Resolution to adopt a Plan of Service; and Ordinance to annex; and an Ordinance to zone an area referred to as "Franzen Annexation Area," comprising 10
3. Consideration of an Ordinance to rename Bendix Drive to "Flex Drive" as requested by Hart and Cooley, Inc.
4. Consideration of an Ordinance to close and abandon an unnamed alley located on the east side of Mt. Olive Cemetery, north of Forest Avenue.
5. Consideration of an Ordinance to approve contract proposal for State of Tennessee Project #157006-1244-04, Route 5, Old Pinson Road to State Route 18.
6. Consideration of an Ordinance to change the purchasing limits.
VIII. SECOND READINGS:
1. Consideration of an Ordinance to rezone property located at the intersection of North Parkway and North Royal Street, comprising 2.22
2. Consideration of an Ordinance to rezone property located at the southwest quadrant of Campbell Street and Interstate 40, just north of Ridgecrest Road, from A-0/RS-1 (Agriculture Open Land/Single Family Residential) District to SC-1 (Planned Unit Commercial Development) District, comprising 45
3. Consideration of an Ordinance to rezone property located on the north side of Old Hickory Boulevard, just east of Hollywood Drive, from O-C (Office Center) District to B-5 (Highway Business) District, comprising 0.03
4. Consideration of an Ordinance to annex and an Ordinance to zone an area referred to as "Weir Annexation Area," comprising 0.52
5. Consideration of an Ordinance to close and abandon an unnamed alley located between Campbell Street and Lambuth Boulevard.
6. Consideration of an Ordinance to close and abandon a street known as Jones Street.
IX. NEW BUSINESS:
1. Proposed sale of land to industrial prospect.
2. Consideration of Resolution for Tennessee Department of Transportation Access Road Grant.
3. Consideration of Agreement between the City of Jackson, St. Luke's Episcopal Church and First United Methodist Church regarding the old theater parking lots on the corner of Baltimore and Liberty Streets and the parking lots owned by the churches on the corner of Church and Baltimore Streets.
4. Consideration of transfer of city-owned property located at 111 East Orleans Street (formerly used by Community Development) to Ken and Glenda Baker for property the Bakers' own behind the Texaco service station on the west side of Hillcrest Circle Drive.
5. Report on City's 12th auction.
6. Consideration of a contract in the amount of $97,000 with Ford Construction for the Old Humboldt Road safety and drainage improvements project.
7. Consideration of a contract in the amount of $2,550 with Hart Freeland Roberts, Inc. for professional services to replace/upgrade HVAC for the Fire Department.
8. Consideration of a contract in the amount of $15,875 with Hart Freeland Roberts, Inc. for professional services to replace/upgrade HVAC for the old City Hall.
9. Consideration of a contract with Four Seasons Nursery for trees, shrubbery and plants.
10. Acceptance of streets located in Carroll Station Subdivision Section VII, Briarhill Subdivision Section III, Lake DeForest Subdivision; and McIntosh Subdivision Section X.
11. Consideration of proposed budget amendments.
12. Invoices over $10,000.
13. Consideration of Certificates of Compliance for:
- Arvy Ledbetter, d/b/a Arvy's Liquors.
- Carrol L. Townsend, d/b/a Old Hickory Package Store.
- Ralph H. Gray, d/b/a Old Hickory Package Store.
14. Request for write-offs for delinquent Street Department accounts.
15. Board Appointments:
- Appointment to Bi-Racial Committee.
- Community Economic Development Commission - Reappointment of De Rust.
- Board of Utility Commissioners Reappointment of Sidney Wilson.
16. Ratification of Jackson Utility Division private act.
THE AGENDA REVIEW MEETING WILL BE ON THURSDAY, MAY 31, 2001 AT 5:00 P.M. IN THE COUNCIL CONFERENCE ROOM, 1ST FLOOR, CITY HALL.