Council Meeting Agenda
AGENDA - May 1, 2001 - 9:00 A.M.
GEORGE A. SMITH MEETING ROOM
I. CALL TO ORDER.
II. INVOCATION AND PLEDGE OF ALLEGIANCE TO FLAG.
(COUNCILMAN KENNY HOLT)
III. ROLL CALL.
IV. APPROVAL OF MINUTES OF APRIL 3, 2001 MEETING.
VI. INVITATION FOR PUBLIC COMMENT.
VII. PUBLIC HEARINGS:
1. Consideration of an Ordinance to rezone property located at the intersection of North Parkway and North Royal Street, comprising 2.22
2. Consideration of an Ordinance to rezone property located at the southwest quadrant of Campbell Street and Interstate 40, just north of Ridgecrest Road, from A-0/RS-1 (Agriculture Open Land/Single Family Residential) District to SC-1 (Planned Unit Commercial Development) District, comprising 45
3. Consideration of an Ordinance to rezone property located on the north side of Old Hickory Boulevard, just east of Hollywood Drive, from O-C (Office Center) District to B-5 (Highway Business) District, comprising 0.03
4. Consideration of a Resolution to adopt a Plan of Service; an Ordinance to annex; and an Ordinance to zone an area referred to as "Weir Annexation Area," comprising 0.52
5. Consideration of an Ordinance to close and abandon an unnamed alley located between Campbell Street and Lambuth Boulevard.
6. Consideration of an Ordinance to close and abandon a street know as Jones Street.
VIII. SECOND READINGS:
1. Consideration of an Ordinance to rezone property located on the west side of North Highland Avenue, between Marlow Drive and Old Humboldt Road, from RS-1 (Single Family Residential) District to O (Office) District, comprising 17.36
2. Consideration of an Ordinance to rezone property located on the west side of North Highland Avenue, just north of Sherwood Drive, comprising 5.25
3. Consideration of an Ordinance to rezone property located on the east side of North Highland Avenue, just south of Hopper Barker Road, comprising 2.92
4. Consideration of an Ordinance to amend Section 21-14 (b) of the Jackson Sign Code concerning the number of signs allowed for special exception uses in residential districts; and Section 21-15(b) concerning the location of shopping center signs within the SC-1 (Planned Unit Commercial Development) District.
5. Continuation of the consideration of a request from E-911 to rename the south leg of Christmasville Road to “North Royal Street” and name the small cove created just south of the Interstate “Christmasville Cove”.
6. Consideration of an Ordinance to close and abandon an alley located between 117 and 133 Belmont Street.
IX. NEW BUSINESS:
1. Consideration of a Resolution substantially amending Community Development’s Annual Action Plan for 2000-2001 to reallocate federal funds to program and projects.
2. Consideration of a Resolution requesting a private act to create the "Jackson Energy Authority."
3. Consideration of a request from the Star Center for the City to relinquish its reversionary interest in their downtown building to enable the Star Center to receive a charitable donation.
4. Request for grant to Industrial Development Board to facilitate location of a call center in Jackson.
5. Consideration of a Resolution approving Community Development’s Annual Action Plan for 2000-2001.
6. Approval of wording of historical plaque recognizing civil rights movement in Jackson.
7. Consideration of Agreement with NAIA for the 2002 and 2003 NAIA Division I Women's Basketball National Championship.
8. Request to hold the City's 12th surplus auction.
9. Consideration of a contract in the amount of $227,709.00 with Burger Barn to provide snacks and lunches for the Summer Food Program.
10. Consideration of a contract in the amount of $53,072.50 with Dement Construction for repair to the pedestrian walkway at Jackson Central Merry High School.
11. Acceptance of streets located in Plainsbrook Place Subdivision.
12. Consideration of proposed budget amendments.
13. Invoices over $10,000.
14. Board Appointments.
- West Tennessee Healthcare Reappointment of Jimmy Harris.
- Code Advisory & Appeals Board Reappointment of Jim Ferrell, Jerry Spore and Charles Garrett, Jr.
- Zoning Appeals Reappointment of Patty Lewis.
15. Consideration of a Resolution to approve a loan agreement with the Tennessee Municipal Bond Fund.
THE AGENDA REVIEW MEETING WILL BE ON THURSDAY, APRIL 26, 2001 AT 5:00 P.M. IN THE COUNCIL CONFERENCE ROOM, 1ST FLOOR, CITY HALL.