Council Meeting Agenda
AGENDA - April 3, 2001 - 9:00 A.M.
GEORGE A. SMITH MEETING ROOM
I. CALL TO ORDER.
II. INVOCATION AND PLEDGE OF ALLEGIANCE TO FLAG.
(COUNCILMAN HARVEY BUCHANAN)
III. ROLL CALL.
IV. APPROVAL OF MINUTES OF MARCH 6, 2001 MEETING.
VI. INVITATION FOR PUBLIC COMMENT.
VII. PUBLIC HEARINGS:
1. Consideration of an Ordinance to rezone property located on the west side of North Highland Avenue, between Marlow Drive and Old Humboldt Road, from RS-1 (Single Family Residential) District to O (Office) District, comprising 17.36
2. Consideration of an Ordinance to rezone property located on the west side of North Highland Avenue, just north of Sherwood Drive, comprising 5.25
3. Consideration of an Ordinance to rezone property located on the east side of North Highland Avenue, just south of Hopper Barker Road, comprising 2.92
4. Consideration of an Ordinance to amend Section 21-14 (b) of the Jackson Sign Code concerning the number of signs allowed for special exception uses in residential districts; and Section 21-15(b) concerning the location of shopping center signs within the SC-1 (Planned Unit Commercial Development) District.
5. Continuation of the consideration of a request from E-911 to rename the south leg of Christmasville Road to “North Royal Street” and name the small cove created just south of the Interstate “Christmasville Cove”.
6. Consideration of an Ordinance to close and abandon an alley located between 117 and 133 Belmont Street.
VIII. SECOND READINGS:
1. Petition of Jackson Neighborhood Alliance (James Jones) to rezone property located on the west side of North Royal Street, just south of Allen Avenue, comprising 0.09
2. Consideration of an Ordinance to close and abandon Brookmere Lane.
IX. NEW BUSINESS:
1. Ratification of Private Act regarding Council pay, recall elections and payment of taxes.
2. Consideration of a loan Resolution with Clarksville Building Authority for not more than $25 million issue through the Tennessee Municipal League Bond Fund, including $9 million of debt refunding
3. Consideration of a lease with Rockabilly Hall of Fame for the old City Court building on Church Street.
4. Consideration of a lease with First United Methodist Church for the old Engineering building on Church Street.
5. Consideration of transfer of land to the State of Tennessee for new state office building adjacent to existing building.
6. Consideration of a contract in the amount of $737.11, plus $7.00 for each halftone used, with It's Printed for printing of the City Limits newsletter.
7. Consideration of a contract in the amount of $96,180 with Gateway Companies for computers.
8. Consideration of a contract for rental equipment with Bubba Johnson Contracting, H & H Paving, Terry Seale Contracting and King Bradley, in order of first right of refusal.
9. Consideration of a contract with Advance Coffee for coffee services for the City.
10. Consideration of contract with Classic Car Care to provide car washing services for City vehicles.
11. Consideration of a contract with B & R Turf, Sod 'N More Services, Owl Sod Farm, Clover Creek Farms, Carroll Sod Farm and Cultra Turf Specialties for sod.
12. Acceptance of streets located within the F. E. Wright Industrial Park, Section I.
13. Consideration of an Agreement between the City of Jackson and Jackson Utility Division for the City to purchase all Jackson Utility Division and jointly owned original installed traffic signal equipment and devices at a cost of $342,962.71, with said Agreement also increasing the maintenance fee percentage paid to Jackson Utility Division from 2% to 4% effective July 1, 2001.
14. Consideration of the Building Department's request to donate surplus radios and radio equipment to Jackson Madison County Emergency Management.
15. Consideration of request to donate John Deere Model F-915 lawnmower to the Southside Optimist Club.
16. Proposed granting of street right of way encroachment to Haynes Fish Market affecting about one feet on Shannon Street and College Street.
17. Consideration of proposed budget amendments.
18. Invoices over $10,000.
19. Board Appointments.
THE AGENDA REVIEW MEETING WILL BE ON THURSDAY, MARCH 1, 2001 AT 5:00 P.M. IN THE COUNCIL CONFERENCE ROOM, 1st FLOOR, CITY HALL.