Council Meeting Agenda
AGENDA - MARCH 6, 2001 - 9:00 A.M.
GEORGE A. SMITH MEETING ROOM
I. CALL TO ORDER.
II. INVOCATION AND PLEDGE OF ALLEGIANCE TO FLAG.
(COUNCILMAN JESSIE JACOX)
III. ROLL CALL.
IV. APPROVAL OF MINUTES OF FEBRUARY 6, 2001 MEETING.
VI. INVITATION FOR PUBLIC COMMENT.
VII. PUBLIC HEARINGS:
1. Petition of Jackson Neighborhood Alliance (James Jones) to rezone property located on the west side of North Royal Street, just south of Allen Avenue, comprising 0.09
2. Consideration of an Ordinance to close and abandon Brookmere Lane.
VIII. SECOND READINGS:
1. Petition of Michael Uselton to rezone property located on the east side of Lenoir Street, adjacent to the CSX Railroad, just south of First Street, from I-3 (General Industrial) District to RG-2 (General Residential) District, comprising 0.52
2. Petition of Emmanuel Baptist Church to rezone property located on the east side of North Highland Avenue, just north of University Parkway, from RG-1 (General Residential) District to SC-1 (Planned Unit Commercial Development) District, comprising 1.1
3. Petition of Northside Assembly of God to rezone property located on the east side of North Highland Avenue, just north of University Parkway, from RS-1 (Single Family Residential) District, to SC-1 (Planned Unit Commercial Development) District comprising 1.9
4. Petition of the residents of the Bonwood Area to rezone their properties from RS-1 (Single Family Residential) District to SC-1 (Planned Unit Commercial Development) District, comprising 26
IX. NEW BUSINESS:
1. Consideration of a contract in the amount of $218,701.00 with Strickland Roofing Company for reroofing the Carl Perkins Civic Center.
2. Consideration of proposal and cost estimate from Robert W. Hunt Company for Quality Assurance Services associated with Structural Steel Railroad Bridge Fabrication Operations for Ridgecrest Road Extension Phase II Project, with the estimated cost of $12,683.20.
3. Consideration of change order with Superior Construction for improvements to Fire Station 2, an increase in the amount of $2,650.00, for a total contract price of $22,650.00.
4. Consideration of a Resolution for a Local Parks and Recreation Grant for Centennial Park.
5. Acceptance of 1994 Ford F37 Ambulance from Jackson Madison County General Hospital for the purpose of an arson vehicle for the Fire Department.
6. Consideration of proposed budget amendments.
7. Invoices over $10,000.
THE AGENDA REVIEW MEETING WILL BE ON THURSDAY, MARCH 1, 2001 AT 5:00 P.M. IN THE COUNCIL CONFERENCE ROOM, 1st FLOOR, CITY HALL.