Council Meeting Agenda
FEBRUARY 6, 2001 - 9:00 A.M.
GEORGE A. SMITH MEETING ROOM
I. CALL TO ORDER.
II. INVOCATION AND PLEDGE OF ALLEGIANCE TO FLAG.
(COUNCILMAN JOHNNY DODD)
III. ROLL CALL.
IV. APPROVAL OF MINUTES OF JANUARY 2, 2001 MEETING.
VI. INVITATION FOR PUBLIC COMMENT.
VII. PUBLIC HEARINGS:
1. Petition of Michael Uselton to rezone property located on the east side of Lenoir Street, adjacent to the CSX Railroad, just south of First Street, from I-3 (General Industrial) District to RG-2 (General Residential) District, comprising 0.52
2. Petition of Emanuel Baptist Church to rezone property located on the east side of North Highland Avenue, just north of University Parkway, from RG-1 (General Residential) District to SC-1 (Planned Unit Commercial Development) District, comprising 1.1
3. Petition of Northside Assembly of God to rezone property located on the east side of North Highland Avenue, just north of University Parkway, from RS-1 (Single Family Residential) District, to SC-1 (Planned Unit Commercial Development) District comprising 1.9
4. Petition of the residents of the Bonwood Area to rezone their properties from RS-1 (Single Family Residential) District to SC-1 (Planned Unit Commercial Development) District, comprising 26
5. Consideration of a request from E-911 to rename the south leg of Christmasville Road to "Christmasville Road South" and name the small cove created just south of the interstate "Christmasville Cove."
VIII. SECOND READINGS:
1. Consideration of petition of Ben Curlin on behalf of Woods Edge Development to rezone property located on the north side of Christmasville Road, just north of Manchester Bay, from RG-1 (General Residential) District and A-O (Agriculture and Open Land) District to RG-2 (General Residential) District, comprising 32
2. Consideration of petition of David Whalley to rezone property located on the west side of Riverside Drive, just south of the U. S. 45 Bypass, from I-2 (Light Industrial) District to I-O (Wholesale and Warehouse) District, comprising of 0.2.15
3. Consideration of an amendment to the text of the City Zoning Ordinance relative to home occupations.
4. Consideration of an Ordinance to amend the text of the City Code relative to transient vendors.
5. Consideration of an Ordinance to close and abandon 7 east/west alleys in the East Jackson area.
6. Consideration of an Ordinance to close and abandon 10 north/south alleys in the East Jackson area.
IX. NEW BUSINESS:
1. Consideration of Jackson Utility Division's request for approval of Crain and Company to provide a financial audit for the fiscal year ended June 30, 2001.
2. Consideration of a Resolution rescinding resolution of April 4, 1989 directing the payment of the increase in the local option sales tax approved on May 25, 1989, to be paid as, and when, received by the County Trustee of Madison County, Tennessee to the City of Jackson.
3. Request for approval to donate surplus radios to the Madison County Fire Department.
4. Consideration of a contract in the amount of $349,012.40 with Ford Construction for Muse Street improvements, the lowest and best bid received.
5. Acceptance of streets in Walnut Grove subdivision.
6. Consideration of a contract with Jackson Madison County Highway Department to pave Ashport Road from Highway 45 Bypass to Highland Avenue, said section being .72 miles long with approximately .27 miles being in the City limits. Madison County plans to pave this section using State Aid Funds which are 75% State funds and 25% local funds. The contract would allow Madison County to pave the entire section with the City reimbursing them 25% of the cost for the .27 miles inside the City limits for a cost of approximately $3,000 to $3,500.
7. Consideration of proposed budget amendments.
8. Invoices over $10,000.
9. Board Appointments:
- Recreation & Parks Board Appointment of Marquetta Hunt Beard to replace Debra Sturdivant, whose term has expired.
- Airport Authority Appointment of Ron Davis to replace Dr. Woody Forbes, whose term has expired.
THE AGENDA REVIEW MEETING WILL BE ON THURSDAY, FEBRUARY 1, 2001 AT 5:00 P.M. IN THE COUNCIL CONFERENCE ROOM, 1st FLOOR, CITY HALL.