Council Meeting Agenda
JANUARY 2, 2001 - 9:00 A.M.
GEORGE A. SMITH MEETING ROOM
I. CALL TO ORDER.
II. INVOCATION AND PLEDGE OF ALLEGIANCE TO FLAG.
(COUNCILMAN MAURICE HAYS)
III. ROLL CALL.
IV. APPROVAL OF MINUTES OF DECEMBER 5, 2000 MEETING.
VI. INVITATION FOR PUBLIC COMMENT.
VII. PUBLIC HEARINGS:
1. Consideration of petition of Ben Curlin on behalf of Woods Edge Development to rezone property located on the north side of Christmasville Road, just north of Manchester Bay, from RG-1 (General Residential) District and A-O (Agriculture and Open Land) District to RG-2 (General Residential) District, comprising 32
2. Consideration of petition of David Whalley to rezone property located on the west side of Riverside Drive, just south of the U. S. 45 Bypass, from I-2 (Light Industrial) District to I-O (Wholesale and Warehouse) District, comprising of 0.2.15
3. Consideration of an amendment to the text of the City Zoning Ordinance relative to home occupations.
4. Consideration of an Ordinance to amend the text of the City Code relative to transient vendors.
5. Consideration of an Ordinance to close and abandon 7 east/west alleys in the East Jackson area.
6. Consideration of an Ordinance to close and abandon 10 north/south alleys in the East Jackson area.
VIII. SECOND READINGS:
1. Consideration of an amendment to the text of the City Zoning Ordinance, Article VI, Section 27, Subsection 5, relative to Accessory Dwelling Units.
2. Consideration of an ordinance to rezone property located on the east side of U. S. Highway 45 South, just south of Rebel Road, from RS-1 (Single Family Residential) District to O (Office) comprising 0.66
IX. NEW BUSINESS:
1. Consideration of Master Rental Agreement between Jackson Madison County General Hospital District and the City of Jackson.
2. Consideration of a contract with Workman Materials for Limestone, $9.75 per ton, for the Street Department.
3. Consideration of a contract in the amount of $312,383.13 with Dement Construction for intersection and traffic signal improvements at Old Humboldt and Oil Well roads for the Engineering Department.
4. Consideration of a contract with Arnold, Spain, Truett & Hewitt PLLC for auditing services for the City of Jackson, only bid received.
5. Consideration of a contract in the amount of $22,093.00 with Lawrence Services for boiler and chiller maintenance at various City of Jackson locations.
6. Acceptance of streets in Tiger Jones Industrial Park; Grassland Estates, Sections IV and V; Medical Office Park; and Forrest Pointe, Sections XVI, XIX and XX.
7. Consideration of Change Order No. 1 from Bubba Johnson Contracting in the amount of $39,415.30 for increased work to be performed on restoration of sidewalks in the City of Jackson.
8. Consideration of proposed budget amendments.
9. Invoices over $10,000.
10. Board Appointments:
- Jackson City Tree Board Appointment of David Mercer to replace Kevin Wright, whose term has expired.
- Planning Commission Reappointment of Jimmie Baylor and James Pearson.
11. Proposed purchase of property (land and building) on South Highland Avenue, the former location of Serra Chevrolet, from Larry Casey.
12. Consideration of approval of the relocation of South Highland Package Store from 1438 South Highland Avenue to 1314 South Highland Avenue.
THE AGENDA REVIEW MEETING WILL BE ON THURSDAY, DECEMBER 28, 2000 AT 5:00 P.M. IN THE COUNCIL CONFERENCE ROOM, 1st FLOOR, CITY HALL.