Council Meeting Agenda
AGENDA - December 4, 2001 - 9:00 A.M.
GEORGE A. SMITH MEETING ROOM
I. CALL TO ORDER.
II. INVOCATION AND PLEDGE OF ALLEGIANCE TO FLAG.
(COUNCILMAN JESSIE JACOX)
III. ROLL CALL.
IV. APPROVAL OF MINUTES OF NOVEMBER 6, 2001 MEETING.
VI. INVITATION FOR PUBLIC COMMENT.
VII. PUBLIC HEARINGS:
1. Consideration of an Ordinance to rezone property located along North Highland Avenue, just south of Pine Tree Drive and just west of Lambuth Boulevard, from RG-2 (General Residential) District to O (Office) District, comprising 0.55
2. Consideration of a Resolution to adopt a Plan of Service, an ordinance to annex and an ordinance to zone an area referred to as “Blankenship," comprising 59.28
3. Consideration of a Resolution to adopt a Plan of Service, an ordinance to annex and an ordinance to zone two areas referred to as “Willow Green Woods Section II & III Subarea 1,” comprising 32.67
4. Consideration of an amendment to Section 307 of the Standard Housing Code/1994 Edition relative to extermination.
VIII. SECOND READINGS:
1. Consideration of an Ordinance to rezone property located on the north side of East Forest Street between North Highland Avenue and North Royal Street, “Mount Olivet Cemetery Historic District”, from RG-2 (General Residential) District to RG-2/HC (General Residential/Historical Cultural) District, comprising 10
2. Consideration of an Ordinance to rezone property generally located on the east side of North Highland Avenue to Briggs Street and between East Forest Street and Stephens Street “Fairmont Historic District”, from RG-1 (General Residential) to RG-1/HC (General Residential/Historical Cultural) District, comprising 25.7
3. Consideration of an ordinance to annex and an ordinance to zone an area referred to as “Technology Magnet High School”, comprising 46.475
4. Consideration of an Ordinance to Amend Title 9 of the City Code of Jackson relative to insurance requirements for passenger vehicles for taxi cabs.
5. Consideration of Ordinances to close and abandon 12 unnamed alleys located throughout the City of Jackson. The alleys are:
a) Unnamed alley between Brookfield Apartments and Alexander Street;
b) Unnamed alley between Alexander and Mason Streets;
c) Unnamed alley between Mason Street and Sandy Creek;
d) Unnamed alley behind 1200 and 1204 Chester Street;
e) Unnamed alley between 114 & 118 Griffin Street;
f) Unnamed alley between 216 & 220 Griffin Street;
g) Unnamed alley between Talbot & Dancy Streets;
h) Unnamed alley between Hicks and Courtland Streets;
i) Unnamed alley between 146 & 158 Stoddert Street and 137 & 143 Gates Street;
j) Unnamed alley around 212 Cedar and between Cedar and State Route 45;
k) Unnamed alley between Roland, Westwood, Prospect and Campbell Street; and
l) Unnamed alley off Northside Drive, said alley being between a closed and abandoned unnamed alley and Northside Drive and a section of alley located between Northside Drive to the back of 363 Forest.
6. Consideration of an Ordinance to amend the Official Code of the City of Jackson to revise the Sidewalk Ordinance, as amended.
7. Consideration of an Ordinance to amend the Official Code of the City of Jackson to revise the Erosion and Stormwater Control Ordinance.
IX. NEW BUSINESS:
1. Consideration of a contract with Cingular Wireless to provide cellular service for the City of Jackson.
2. Request to hold a surplus auction on December 15, 2001.
3. Consideration of Addendum 2 to contract with Robert W. Hunt in the amount of $6,000 for quality assurance inspection services associated with the structural steel railroad bridge fabrication operation on the Ridgecrest Road project.
4. Consideration of proposed budget amendments.
5. Invoices over $10,000.
THE AGENDA REVIEW MEETING WILL BE ON THURSDAY, November 29, 2001 AT 5:00 P.M. IN THE COUNCIL CONFERENCE ROOM, 1ST FLOOR, CITY HALL.