PUBLIC SERVICE SCHEDULE FOR Thursday, April 9, 2020
WM claw truck is in Sections 6.
H & S claws are working in Sections 16,10, 8, 3, 25,and 9.
All other staff will be on call status. We are working with an abbreviated staff due to COV-19.
The city of Jackson will observe the Good Friday holiday. All offices and city hall will be closed.
WM does not observe the holiday and will be on a regular schedule.
Effective April 1, 2020, the following department changes were implemented:
All street sweeping calls or calls for storm inlet cleaning, 425-8541.
Calls for loose leaf pick up, 425-8578.
For animal control calls, contact the Jackson Animal Care Center, 422-7028.
H&S will continue to take service calls for curbside debris pick up or concerns regarding garbage collection. 425-8545
Waste Management is on a regular schedule for residential and commercial garbage collection at this time. If there are changes to this schedule, we will post the changes.
We appreciate your patience at this time.
If you have any questions, you can reach the Health & Sanitation Dept. at
(731)425-8545, Monday-Friday 7 am to 4 pm.
The garbage disposal rates are set by the City Ordinance. The solid waste collection contractor for the City of Jackson is Waste Management at 731.423.2532. Visit the Waste Management website for more information.
CITY DISTRICTS/ SECTIONS (See above for daily locations of crews)
1. East of Campbell to City Limits, south of I-40 to Parkway
2. East of Highland to Campbell, south of I-40 to Parkway
3. South of I-40 to Parkway, east of the By Pass to Highland 4. West of the By Pass and south of I-40
5. East of Whitehall to the City Limits, south of Parkway to Chester
6. East of Royal to Whitehall, south of Parkway to Lexington
7. East of Highland to Royal, south of Parkway to Forest
8. South of Parkway to Forest, east of the ByPass to Highland
9. East of Highland to Royal, south of Forest to Chester
10. South of Forest to Arlington, west of the ByPass to Highland
11. South of Chester to Fairgrounds Park, south of Highland to the City Limits
12. West of Highland to the ByPass, south of Arlington
13. North of I-40 to the City Limits, east of Hidden Valley Golf Course to the
14. North of I-40 to the City Limits, east of MCO Rd. to the City Limits
15. East of Highland to MCO Rd., north of I-40 to University Parkway\
16. East of Hwy 45 to the City Limits, north of University Parkway to the City
17. North of I-40 to Old Humboldt and Channing Way, east of the ByPass to
18. West of the By Pass to N. Highland, north of Old Humboldt and Channing
Way to West University Parkway
19. North of West University Parkway to the City Limits between Highland and
the By Pass
20. West of the By Pass to City Limits north of I-40 to Oil Well/ Pipkin Rd.
21. West of the By Pass to Pleasant Plains between Oil Well and Ashport
22. North of McClellan to the City Limits, east of Windy City of the City Limits
23. West of the ByPass to the City Limits, north of Ashport to the City Limits
24. West of Pleasant Plains to Windy City Rd. between Ashport and McClellan
25. West of S. Highland north of Hwy 18 to the City Limits
26. East of S. Highland south of the Forked Deer and Hwy 18 to the City Limits.