How Can You Help?
Top 10 Things You Can Do To Be A “Solution To Stormwater Pollution”
- Never dump anything down a storm drain or into a drainage ditch.
- Clean up after your pet.
- Throw litter in its place.
- Dispose of household hazardous wastes at designated locations.
- Check your vehicles for leaks and repair them.
- Recycle motor oil and other vehicle fluids.
- Compost yard wastes.
- Use fertilizer and pesticide only when needed—read the label.
- If you wash your vehicle at home, wash it on the lawn rather than on pavement.
- Tell a friend or neighbor about how to prevent stormwater pollution and get involved in your community.
Was this article helpful to you? Yes No