- Pay 600 invoices biweekly
- Process annual payroll of $25 million for approximately 670 full-time employees and 250 part-time employees
- Maintain fixed asset inventory records: approximately $91 million
- Daily cash management
- Monthly financial statements, bank reconciliations, tax file controls, Community Development Loan Controls
- Quarterly & annual payroll reports including W-2s, retirement, unemployment
- Annual Form 1099 processing
- CAFR adjustments and schedules
- Annual budget document
The Accounting Department prepares the annual operating and capital budgets of the City each year with annual operating budgets running an average of $62 million plus and capital budgets averaging $10 - $30 million.
107 E. Main, Suite #104
Jackson, TN 38301
Telephone: (731) 425-8243
Fax Number: (731) 425-9218
The accounting department is located on the first floor of City Hall with hours of operation from 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m., Monday through Friday.