JACKSON CITY COUNCIL MEETING
June 2, 2020 – 9:00 A.M.
GEORGE A. SMITH MEETING ROOM
I. CALL TO ORDER.
II. INVOCATION AND PLEDGE OF ALLEGIANCE TO THE FLAG.
(COUNCILMAN Johnny Dodd)
III. ROLL CALL.
IV. APPROVAL OF MINUTES OF THE MAY 5, 2020 MEETING.
VI. INVITATION FOR PUBLIC COMMENT.
VII. FIRST READINGS:
1. Consideration of a Budget Amendment to transfer an amount not to exceed $500,000 from the General Fund to the Debt Service Fund.
2. Consideration of a Budget Amendment to approve Dog Park funded by grant from Boyd Foundation.
3. Consideration of an Ordinance to close to close and abandon, in their entirety, Porter Alley, Arnold Alley and Lawler Avenue.
4. Consideration of an Ordinance to amend the text of the Official Zoning Ordinance of the City of Jackson, Tennessee, ARTICLE V, SPECIFIC DISTRICT REGULATIONS, Section 13. SC-1 (PLANNED UNIT COMMERCIAL DEVELOPMENT) District, C.
VIII. SECOND READINGS:
IX. NEW BUSINESS:
1. Acceptance of Resignation of City Recorder Al Laffoon.
2. Appointment of City Recorder.
3. Consideration of contract CMA 2172 between the State of Tennessee, Department of Transportation, and the City of Jackson.
4. Consideration of contract CMA 2173 between the State of Tennessee, Department of Transportation, and the City of Jackson.
5. Consideration of a contract with Alexander Thompson & Arnold (ATA) for 2020 audit.
6. Consideration of a contract with Traf Mark Industries for on call pavement marking maintenance.
7. Consideration of board appointments to Code Advisory/Appeals
a. Todd Krasner-reappointment
b. Tom Allen-reappointment
c. Josh Hayes
8. Consideration of reappointment of Estelle Davis to the Civil Service Commission
10. Consideration of invoices over $10,000.
JACKSON MUNICIPAL REGIONAL PLANNING COMMISSION
CITY HALL – GEORGE A. SMITH MEETING ROOM
FIRST FLOOR – 109 EAST MAIN STREET – SUITE 107
JUNE 3, 2020 – 3:00 P.M.
- CALL TO ORDER/DETERMINATION OF QUORUM
- APPROVAL OF MINUTES FOR THE MAY 6, 2020 MEETING
- Consideration of a construction plat for Shiloh Springs Section 14B, comprising 14 lots on 5.96 acres, in a RS (Single Family Residential) District, submitted by Surveying Services, Inc., on behalf of Jerry and Deborah Winberry.
- Consideration of a final plat for Emerald Breeze Section 1 & 2, comprising 40 lots on 13.75 acres, in a RS-1/PRD (Single Family Residential/Planned Residential Development) District, submitted by Surveying Services Inc., on behalf of Emerald Breeze Partners.
- DESIGN REVIEW
- Consideration of design review request to construct two residential dwellings at 129 and 215 Monroe Street.
- OTHER BUSINESS
- Any other business properly presented.
The Jackson City Council will hold a special called Budget Hearing meeting to be held on Tuesday, June 9, 2020, at 8:00 a.m. in the City Council Chambers at City Hall located at 101 East Main Street, Jackson, Tennessee.
Public Notice is hereby given that an Ordinance will be introduced before the City Council of the City of Jackson on June 9, 2020, the purpose of which is to appropriate the proceeds of the tax levy and other City revenues for the fiscal year July 1, 2020 through June 30, 2021. A public hearing will be held at the meeting of the City Council on June 9, 2020, at 8:00 am, in the George A. Smith Room at City Hall.